7.02.2012

It's a great Monday!

This weekend was not a fun one. We found out that we were not offered as much financial aid for Spencer's school as we thought, and after updating our budget and finances, we realized that there was no way that we were going to be able to afford Spencer's second year of school. There was a lot of "we are in way over our heads", a lot of crying, and a lot of graveyard-shift job applying on my part, and a lot of "why stress when there is nothing we can do about it right nows?", a lot of "it will all work outs" and a lot of Lost watching on Spencer's part. 


(I did get offered a job, though! At a daycare during the day that pays Utah's minimum wage minus twenty-five cents that wouldn't even let me take Jack so no, I didn't take it.)


Today, Spencer went to the financial aid office and it turns out, there is more financial aid available if we need it! This weekend taught us that there are a lot worse things than being a poor student family with a lot of student loans, like being a poor student family with not enough student loans where there is no room in our budget for an oil change! And where Spencer has to cut my hair! And where we have to downsize to a one-bedroom apartment! And where we can't even do one tiny special thing for birthdays and Christmas! And where we have to eat ramon noodles and macaroni-and-cheese every single night! And where camping chairs remain our only furniture forever! We are some pretty happy poor people today! 


I hope your Monday was as great as ours!


P.S. Is it part of Walmart employees job description to use as many bags as possible when checking people out? My margarine was bagged by itself, actually double bagged!


P.P.S. Are bumper pads seriously more dangerous than Jack getting his leg stuck between the crib bars every single day?!




P.P.P.S. Why did I have to discover this no-bake brownie recipe?! (A scoop of ice cream on top makes it just too amazing for a two minute prep!) Chocolate this easily available is not good for my figure!


P.P.P.P.S. What are your favorite no-bake summer recipes? (Our oven makes our apartment an oven.)


P.P.P.P.P.S. What do you do to save money? This website is helping  me save tons, and it almost deserves a post of it's own. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm already excited to try this mug cake tomorrow I've been craving chocolate brownie/cake...
    No I don't think bumpers are dangerous once your baby can easily roll around. Once bristol managed that was getting her little legs stuck, bruised, and woke up screaming I made a bumper... If it doesn't bother him, then it is totally up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. This post just reminds me of why you are so awesome. Even amid all of your trials and being poor and things getting a little crazy, you've managed to stay positive! Who knows, one day you may look back in this time in your life and be thankful for it! You and your little family are awesome, I love you guys!! Stay awesome.

    ReplyDelete