12.23.2015

What we've been up to in Utah

Merry Christmas Eve Eve! It's hard to believe that it was 60 degrees in Iowa today with tornado warnings - we woke up to this in Utah:
 IMG 9474
Snow is a beautiful pain :) Jack thought the snow blower would be as cool as the lawn mower but he lasted about three minute out there in the cold :)
 IMG 9472
On Saturday, my brother James got married!!!! It was a beautiful ceremony and a beautiful day. I'm so excited that Maddie is a part of our family! Now for the wedding photo dump of some pics we got with our own camera. (I'm excited to see the photographer's though!)
The luncheon:
 IMG 9508
 IMG 9506
 IMG 9510
 IMG 9514
 IMG 9513
 IMG 9511
 IMG 9507
 IMG 9512
 IMG 9509
 IMG 9505
 IMG 9504
 IMG 9503
At the temple:
 IMG 9501
 IMG 9502
 First, Grandma ;)
 IMG 9495
Then Maddie and James :)
 IMG 9494
 IMG 9490
 The reception:
 IMG 9500
 IMG 9499
 IMG 9498
 IMG 9496
 I love this picture of Spencer and David - David is attached to Spencer's hip 24/7 and it can get exhausting :)
 IMG 9497
I'm so grateful for my in-laws! They drove David down from Kaysville to the Draper temple so that David could get a nap in and so we didn't have to battle him at the wedding luncheon, and then they came to the reception in Mapleton and took the boys home at 8:30 when they started falling apart. They seriously made the day so much easier for us!
My cute boys in their wedding outfits on Sunday ready for church:
 IMG 9493

On Sunday night we went to my cousin's house for a Christmas party. Most of my childhood Christmas Eve's and Christmases were spent with the Sheets so it was fun to spend time with them. We had dinner, creatively destroyed our decorated gingerbread men, had "cackle-offs", danced, and watched home videos of past Christmases. It's always a crazy fun time with the Sheets!
Waterboarding the gingerbread man :)
 IMG 9492
 I'm not really sure what my mom did - pretended she was crazy and that the gingerbread man was her baby and she took it on a walk?? haha
 IMG 9491
 There were also gingerbread men hung from a tree, chucked on the roof, cooked in a recipe, and
burned with fire. haha
On Monday, we hung out with cousins during the day, made gingerbread houses, and went out to dinner and to see Christmas lights at Temple square.
 IMG 9489
 IMG 9488
 IMG 9487
 We've really been enjoying my in-law's amazing new treadmill every morning! Watching Friends while running makes the time go by faster :)
 IMG 9486
On Tuesday afternoon, Spencer and I got away to see The Hunger Games - it was snowing almost all day and when I suggested that we take a selfie on our way to the movies, he said, "Yes! Let's take a picture of us pretending to enjoy walking in the freezing snow! What a great moment!" haha I should have never showed him the instagram husband youtube video.
 IMG 9485
After the movie, we drove out to my brother and sister-in-laws home in Stansbury Park to hang out. Jack and David are having so much fun playing with cousins every day. It makes me sad that we live so far away from them! 
Today, we surprised Jack and David with a trip to the aquarium in Draper with their cousins and they had a BLAST! Sea animals are Jack's favorite so it was so fun to see his animated reactions to everything.
 IMG 9479
 IMG 9483
 IMG 9482
 IMG 9481
 IMG 9480
The sting ray touching pools were kind of tricky for our kids because the walls were so high and the water was really deep! It took a while for Jack and David to finally touch a sting ray and I may have accidentally dunked part of Jack's head in the water while I was helping him touch a starfish. #motheroftheyear
 IMG 9477
 IMG 9484
 I ran into my childhood and high school friend in the shark tunnel of all places! I love Kilie!!!
 IMG 9476
 IMG 9475

We got a Swig sugar cookie and drinks for the drive home! (dirty diet coke for me and raspberry dream for Spencer) Utah sure knows how to do delicious trendy desserts!
 IMG 9473
--------------------------------------
We are excited for Christmas! These high quality pictures with Santa are from our ward party earlier this month that I forgot about but I wanted to post them for posterity and stuff ;)
 IMG 9557
 IMG 9556                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment