1.21.2019

Things I'm Loving

  • Fresh citrus and fresh squeezed orange juice! David always loves to help out in the kitchen and had so much fun juicing the oranges.

This is my go-to winter breakfast - so yummy!!!

  • Girl's nights with friends - last week we celebrated Caitlin's birthday at Texas Roadhouse, Nordstrom Rack, and Top Golf and this week we are going rollerblading!!! (Three of my friend's got rollerblades for Christmas this year - I would like to think I had a little influence over that ;)


  • Babysitting trades! I have a business meeting over Skype once a week and used to be able to schedule them during Kate's nap time, but then she turned on me and quit napping consistently and I've had to schedule them in the morning and find someone to watch her. I always grateful when friends want to trade! There are sooo many girls Kate's age in our neighborhood and ward and I love it!
IMG 5942
  • This girl!!! She has been killing me lately! I never understood the “terrible two” phase until now (because Jack was always an angel and David was always not-as-much-of-an-angel 😜) My angel baby is now bossy, picky, clingy, and tantrum-y. She takes forever to put to sleep and is quickly phasing out of her nap time. During her “nap time” a few days ago when I was hoping to get a million things done and after laying by her for over 30 minutes, I ended up drawing puppies for her over and over again at her demand, and chasing her on the tractor that she learned to drive today (if only she could steer!!!). As I laid by her that night - drained, agitated and overwhelmed - I remembered the small moments of joy I experienced with her that day. Watching the pride and excitement on her face when she figured out how to press the gas on the tractor, mentally accepting that my afternoon was going to be spent coloring with Kate instead of cleaning (which was actually kind of therapeutic 😆), and feeling her squirmy little body finally relax into a deep sleep with her chubby little hand on me. How does this little one who seems to suck the very life out of me also give me so much life and love and light? ♥️ 

  • Disney on Ice! We got free tickets by donating to a toy drive back in December and our seats were amazing! The boys loved it and Kate loved it until she saw the "horsie" (the horse on Tangled - I don't even know his name!) which she loved, but then HATED when it left the stage. She said, "Horsie! Horsie! Horsie!" over and over again and didn't forget about it, even after intermission. Luckily the horsie came back for the grand finale later on in the show! haha




  • The fixed wheel on our single jogging stroller! I haven't used it since Jack was a toddler and it is a million times lighter than our double jogger! Kate is my first baby who LOVES stroller rides - she hardly ever wants to get out. I remember when Jack and David were her age I kept a stash of dumdums in the stroller to keep them happy and sitting! haha



  • These two playing super heroes on the trampoline! (Always David's activity of choice!)
  • This old soccer picture that my friend texted me the other day! Good times!
  • Soda Rush's anniversary sale! They had all of their cookies, including seasonal flavors discounted - there were over 20 flavors to choose from! My favorites were the coconut lime and crazy for coconut cookies - I like coconut :)
  • No school today! (For Jack, David had a make up preschool class) It's not very often I have just Jack and Kate - we went to the new park in Queen Creek with friends, then picked up David and went to the mall to play on the play structure and see the puppies!



No comments:

Post a Comment