I’m linking up with Shay, Shaefer and Mel again the last Wednesday of the month for What’s Up Wednesday!What I'm excited about:
Baby Hall #3 coming in April! I love this picture of Jack and David's reaction when we told them.
We are all sooooo excited!!!
I have been so sick this pregnancy (the first pregnancy where I've thrown up and for about 8 weeks I threw up at least once a day). I'm almost 15 weeks now and luckily the throwing up is more sporatic, but I still get nauseous throughout the day. Since I wasn't really sick with Jack or David, I find this throwing up business an unnecessary part of pregnancy! haha But seriously, being sick for almost 70 days in a row has made life feel pretty unmanageable at times! Props to all you mamas who get sick every pregnancy!
What we're eating this week:
Whatever Spencer is willing to make ;) I don't brag much about Spencer on this blog, but he has been my life saver these last few months. He has done all the grocery shopping, cooking, and kitchen and bathroom cleaning. I'm so lucky he's mine!!!
I actually did the grocery shopping this week though and I'm hoping I'll be able to start cooking more meals without getting sick. We have exceeded our eating out budget by far too much these last couple of months!!!
What I'm reminiscing about:
This picture of us in Chicago (while poor Spencer was in conference meetings missing out on all of the Chicago fun) from one year ago showed up on my FB newsfeed earlier this month and it made me want to go again! (So that's exactly what we did!)
What we've been up to:
Spencer had a conference in Boston this year instead of Chicago like last year, so while he was gone, my friend Lisa and I decided to go to Chicago for a day! We started the day at the Lincoln Park Zoo. We have gone to this zoo so many times now that even Jack has the place memorized but my kids still LOVE IT! They love all zoos, but this one is extra cool :) We had fun showing it to our friends who had never been before.
Jack wanted me to take pictures of him with all of the alligators :)
After the zoo, I got in a little over my head and thought it would be a good idea to walk 3 miles south to a cool park I've really been wanting to take my kids. Big cities give me the biggest adrenaline rush and it was the first day in forever where I wasn't feeling nauseous so I was on a huge happy high and was not thinking rationally :) We made it to the top of the Magnificent Mile with 1.5 miles still to go and decided to call it. Instead, we played at the American Girl Doll Store, the Lego Store, and got cupcakes at Sprinkles. I'd say that's a pretty good back up plan :)
After cupcakes, we miraculously walked by a taxi van (I have never seen one in Chicago before! Taxi vans are God's gift to mothers who don't know when to quit :) and we were able to all fit in the taxi back to our car by the zoo.
What I'm loving:
- My new niece Ashley Jo! (Named after my mother-in-law Debra Jo). We can't wait to meet her!
- Teaching David swimming lessons. Usually, you have to be three to start swimming lessons but the front desk made an exception since I am the teacher :) David calls me "Miss Annie" during lessons and it cracks me up :) I don't think any of the other kids know that he's my son.
- More fall activities. Last weekend, we went to a fall festival that was completely free! Free bounce house, face painting, pumpkin walk, crafts, and the cutest petting zoo with so many baby animals.
When we got home, they immediately wanted to paint the pumpkins that they won at the pumpkin walk :)
- Packages from my mom! She found a bunch of old Halloween costumes and sent them to us!
- A very very early surprise Christmas present from Spencer! He got me a massage table! He gave it to me early because he knew that I would want lots of massages when I am pregnant but he wanted me to be able to use it and lay on my belly for a few massages before I got too big. Spencer really is the best. Jack even got to try out the massage table :)
- More trips to our local zoo while it is free this month!
- I mentioned this in an earlier post, but my sweet mother-in-law was given a devastating diagnosed of ALS earlier this month. While that is obviously not something any of us are loving, the love and support that has been given to her and our family in the last few weeks has been amazing. The sweetest article was written about her here, and Fox13 did a little clip on her yesterday. She deserves all of the prayers, love, praise, and support and we are so glad that she is getting so much recognition and praise for the life that she leads. We feel so grateful that we will be able to make some lasting memories with her over Christmas as she checks a few things off of her "bucket list." I love this picture of S
This little boy turning 5 next month. I took this picture earlier this week and I can't believe how big he looks! He's supposed to stay my baby!!!
Also, our friends that are moving to West Virginia this month! Kathryn has been my running buddy for the last year and a half and it's going to be so sad being running buddy-less again!
What I'm working on:
As I type this, I am working up the motivation to get out of bed and go down the kitchen to attempt to make dinner :)
What I'm watching/reading:We joined the bandwagon and started and finished watching Stranger Things. We liked it a lot! I also started watching This is Us and LOVE IT!!!
I read All The Light We Cannot See this month. My grandma gave this to me for my birthday over two years ago (when David deprived me of sleep and I didn't read much) and I finally got around to reading it. I loved it!
What I've been listening to:
Just the radio :)
What I'm wearing:
As I type this, I am in a cozy sweatshirt and sitting in bed while Jack plays the Ipad. David was so cozy that he passed out :) (Please excuse my messy closet ;)
BUT I did remember to take an "outfit" selfie on a day that actually I got ready :) I'm loving my military jacket that I got for my birthday.
What I'm doing this weekend:
Trunk or treating at our church and going to the Halloween Parade!
What I'm looking forward to next month:
Thanksgiving and Jack's birthday. We have some fun plans for Thanksgiving this year!!!
Bonus Question: What is your favorite Halloween memory/picture/tradition?
I don't have a favorite memory/picture/tradition but I sure love doing Halloween with my kids. Kids make holidays so much more fun!