- Kate is finally down to one nap a day and I feel like I got my life back! It's so nice to go out in the mornings and come home in the afternoon for her nap and quiet time.
- Gymnastics - Jack and David are taking a little parks and rec gymnastic class and my cute friends also have a cooking class at the same place and the same time so I get to hang out with them for a bit before their class starts. I used to bowl with them every Thursday afternoon my Junior and Senior year of high school. This is Annie and she calls me her twin since we have the same name :) Love her.
- We went to the museum of natural history - Jack went straight for the rocks and minerals! haha
- We went to the Wildman Phil show at the Basha library. Jack and David loved his show so much last year and when I found out he wasn't coming to our library, I stalked him and found out which library he was going to :)
- We celebrated Father's Day - these kids sure love Spencer and we are so lucky to have him!
- We went to kid's club at the mall - we scored big and got a free carousel ride, free chic-fil-a, a free wetzel pretzel, and free see's candy samples :) Jack is plugging his nose because we went to the second story of the carousel and it was hot and stinky! haha
- We had a miraculous cool and rainy summer Saturday. We played hard all morning long! I went with Jack and Kate on a walk when they first woke up, then Jack and I rode 7 miles on our bike, then I ran and pushed the stroller while Jack scootered and Spencer and David rode the bike, and finally we splashed in puddles while I took a million pictures :) I don't know if there is anything more magical than Arizona summer rain and the smell is my favorite smell in the world!
When Jack and I were biking he said that we had to get to 7 miles because the deepest part of the ocean is 7 miles :) When we finished Jack said, "Mom! If we were doing this in the ocean we would have made it to the deepest part!" I love Jack's passionate and curious imagination :)
Later that night we went out for pizza and headed to Enchanted Island in Phoenix to use our Pogo passes since the weather was so great. It ended up being a major fail because Pogo passes are only allowed on Fridays (whaaaaa!!!!) so instead of paying over $80 for the unlimited ride wrist bands that we could have gotten the day before for free, we let them choose two rides and called it a night.
Kate felt a little left out!
- I got together with my friend Elizabeth and her kids! I don't miss Iowa much but I do miss my Iowa friends!!! It was so fun to see her and catch up!
- We've also been playing inside, eating a bajillion popsicles, catching lizards with neighbors, and playing outside when the weather ever dips below 100 degrees!