David's Three-Year-Old Interview
- What is your favorite color? green like Hulk
- What is your favorite toy? my Captain America toy
- What is your favorite thing to eat? pizza
- What is your favorite TV show? Dino Dan
- What is your favorite outfit to wear? shorts
- Where do we live? Iowa
- What are your favorite animals? tigers
- Where does Dad work? work
- Where does Mom work? nowhere
- What is your favorite book? i don't know
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? run around
- Who is your best friend? Jackson (Jack's friend :)
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Spider-Batman (A Spider-man/Batman combo :)
- What's your favorite game to play? soccer ball
- What do you like to take to bed with you? dino toys
- What's your favorite thing to do with Mom? swim class
- What's your favorite thing to do with Dad? jumping on the trampoline
- What's your favorite thing to do with Jack? read books
- What's your favorite treat? gum
- What is your favorite movie? The Incredible Hulk
- If you could go anywhere, where would you want to go? Monkey Joe's (Inflatable play center)
- What makes you happy? running around
- What makes you sad? hitting
- What makes you scared? ghosts
- What is your favorite sport? football
- What's your favorite flavor of ice-cream? chocolate
- He is obsessed with all things super hero. He often calls Spencer "Dad Hulk" and me "Mom Hulk" and expects all of us Avengers to assemble :) On Saturdays and Sundays when Spencer wakes up in the morning and doesn't have to get to work, David hands Spencer Thor's hammer or Captain America's shield and expects Spencer to follow him around the house chasing bad guys with him.
- He knows a lot about dinosaurs and plays with dinosaurs a lot thanks to Jack. He can list more types of dinosaurs on the spot than I can.
- He has quite the bedtime routine. First his "leg hurts" so we have to "squeeze" his leg. Then to even in out we have to squeeze his other leg. Then he lifts up his shirt and we have to rub his tummy. Then he turns over and we have to scratch is back. It can't be slow back scratching; it has to be very fast and vigorous scratching.
- He never makes it through the night in his bed. He always crawls into bed with Spencer and first, must full body, tummy-to-tummy snuggle Spencer before Spencer eventually rolls him over. (I have no idea how Spencer sleeps with that kind of cuddling!) If I try to help David in the night, he gets mad at me and insists that Spencer helps him. (I'm not complaining about this! haha) To sum up the last two bullet points... we are failing in the sleep training department. David has sleep trained us and we total enable his behavior. Somebody help us!
- I could swear David subconsciously prefers to poop in public over pooping at home. He always needs to go in the grossest public bathrooms and he always takes at least 20 minutes. It's torture!!!
- David always wants to "count" Spencer's pills in the morning. He can identify all four of Spencer's daily pills and say what they are for. "This one's for your head, this one's for your body, this one's for your tummy, and this one's for your heart."
- David is very picky about what he wears and insists on choosing what he wears everyday. He always wants to wear shorts. When we go out in the cold weather, he will change to pants but they have to be jeans. As soon as we walk in the door, he takes his pants off and changes back into shorts. Some days when he can't decide what super hero shirt to wear, he will layer them and wear both :)
- He is always climbing on me or Spencer, playing with our faces, putting his finger in our ears, etc. There is just so much touching and he's right up in our personal space all. the. time ;)
- David worships Jack's friends. He thinks they are all so cool and even knows all of Jack's friends from school since he comes with us on Jack's monthly field trips.
- David is dominant, fiery, intense, stubborn and has quite a temper! He loves pushing Jack's buttons, but most of the time they are best buddies.
Two-year-old birthday post here .... and here
One-year-old birthday post