- Accidentally running into the "Family Fun Fair" last weekend. Jack got his face painted, took a water color class (ha!), went to a petting zoo, and got a sword balloon.
- 25 meals from Aldi for $150! We did the gluten free one this month and our favorite meals were the pork chops with apples and the loaded baked potato casserole.
- The Quad City River Bandit minor league baseball game. Woodmen Park was voted the most beautiful minor league baseball park and I can see why! It is right on the Mississippi River and it's gorgeous. We visited with Spencer's coworkers, we ate hamburgers, we rode the ferris wheel (Jack was in HEAVEN and I was scared to death), we stalked the mascot, and we cheered when everyone else cheered... we basically did everything but actually watch the game ;)
And there was corn, of course. This is Iowa.
- Volleyball! We started playing volleyball at our church with friends every Tuesday night. We rotate an adult in the nursery with the kids every 10 minutes and it has been SO FUN!
- When my nap protester caves and falls asleep for THREE HOURS on the floor.
- THE NICEST letter in the mail from a friend on a day when I was having one of those guilty, feeling-like-a-failure-mom days. As I read it, I felt that familiar voice... "See?! I'm with you, I'm helping you, and I'm sending you angels." Thanks for being my angel this week, Leanne. Your words meant SO MUCH to me. :)