5.01.2014

Birmingham

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair. (A Tale of Two Cities)

I am grateful for Birmingham's beauty and it's equally divided four seasons. I am grateful for the football loving, BBQ eating, Jesus worshiping, country listening, Southern hospitality and culture. I am grateful for the wonderful friends I've made, and I am extremely grateful for the Refiner's fire I've experienced here. I love Birmingham and it will always hold a special place in my heart.
IMG 1383 zps0e3fd393
Now on to the Iowa chapter...

The Things Jack will miss about Alabama:
  • The most amazing libraries and storytimes in the universe
IMG 3419 zps1635c65f
IMG 3421 zps7bbccfbb
IMG 3423 zpsf1d17bd8
Fullsizeoutput f7ab
  • Ruby, his first friend and first love. 
 IMG 3417 zpsac563ddf
  • Gavin, his cute little friend and church buddy
IMG 3332 zps5c0305a3
 IMG 3334 zpsc63ad69f
  • And last but certainly not least, the zoo. Jack stripped down naked for his grand finale at the Birmingham Zoo. 
IMG 3528 zps3bb748e5

No comments:

Post a Comment