5.24.2017

What we've been up to

Basically, I’ve been hiding out in Utah with the kids (my mom flew out to Iowa and drove us to Utah when Kate was 2 weeks old) while Spencer finished up work in Iowa, cleaned and packed up our house in Iowa, moved across the country, then started work in Arizona :) It's been really rough for me ;) My mom and Spencer saved me!!! Spencer is flying to Utah to pick us up and drive us to Arizona on Saturday. I think my Utah raised husband is more excited to live in Arizona than I am so props to me for my excellent job at converting him to Arizona these past 7 years :)

I thought it was going to be a lot worse moving across the country with a 2-week-old but it has gone as smoothly as possible so I'm very grateful for that! (Though I had a moment where I thought that this was absolutely insane when Kate lost her umbilical cord in a random hotel room in North Platte, Nebraska haha!). So far, this has been the easiest move and the easiest month postpartum so moral of the story: I wasn't being dramatic about our last two moves - they truly were traumatic and truly did suck and also, living with your parents for as long as possible after having a baby is an excellent idea :) 

Also, shout out to Kate - she wins the best baby award! I think she would have started sleeping through the night at 3 days old if I didn't wake her up to eat, and she is now sleeping through the night most nights! I'm shocked and grateful, because David woke up 2-3 times in the night to eat until he turned one so I was expecting that again. God must have known that I would need a good sleeper to pull off a move two weeks after giving birth!

Now for a huuuuuuge photo dump:

Last goodbye girls night the night before I moved - I seriously love my Iowa friends soooo much and will miss them so much. They made Iowa great and were soooo helpful the week leading up to our move - we had so many meals brought to us and Jack and David had at least one play date a day.
 IMG 1334
Kate's 2 weeks stats for documentation:
IMG 1336
Last family pic in Iowa. I'm so grateful that God sent us to Davenport three years ago - a place that I had never heard of before and a place that I had no desire to live ;) It has been such a happy three years!
IMG 1364
We had the best chauffeur ;)
Fullsizeoutput dfd2
Nursing breaks at the gas station:
Fullsizeoutput dfd7
As David would say, "Hers is good at cross eyes!!" haha
Fullsizeoutput dfd8
Fullsizeoutput dfe1
We've mostly been hanging out with my parents in Utah so here are too many pictures of us hanging out in Utah ;)
Fullsizeoutput dfde
Fullsizeoutput dfe7
Fullsizeoutput e007
 Fullsizeoutput e003
 Fullsizeoutput e006
 I've got some good "helpers" :)
 Fullsizeoutput dfe2
Fullsizeoutput e040
 David found an old cassette tape player walkman and loves it :)
Fullsizeoutput e008
 Fullsizeoutput e00c
 These boys sure love their sister
 Fullsizeoutput e01e
 Fullsizeoutput e1bf
 Fullsizeoutput e020
 Fullsizeoutput e017
 Fullsizeoutput e028
 Jack and David have had a blast playing on the swings, hunting for snails, playing with the neighbor kids and their chickens, and going to the park with my mom.
Funny story - the neighbor kid's mom asked Jack if he helps make the beds at home and he said, "We don't make our beds, we buy them at the store." haha! I obviously have failed at teaching them how to work and to do chores! 
Fullsizeoutput dff4
Fullsizeoutput e014
Fullsizeoutput e01c
 Fullsizeoutput e015
 Fullsizeoutput e01a
 Fullsizeoutput e01b
 Fullsizeoutput e030
 My grandparents went to Logan and brought back my favorite Aggie ice cream! They are the best!
IMG 1460
Spencer had to be in Arizona on the 15th for a physical for his new job but didn't start work until the 22nd so he flew up to Utah and stayed with us Tuesday-Sunday. We spent every day in Kaysville with his family and had such a good time. Jack and David looooove playing with their cousins!

Fullsizeoutput e034


Fullsizeoutput e036
Fullsizeoutput e047
 Fullsizeoutput e04c
 Fullsizeoutput e054
 IMG 1706
They would always pass out on the way home from Kaysville! They played hard!
 Fullsizeoutput e037
 On Saturday, Spencer took the boys fishing with his dad and I went to my sister's lacross state championship game. They won!!!
Fullsizeoutput e05c
Fishing wiped them out!
Fullsizeoutput e069
That view!!!
Fullsizeoutput e060
Kate was a trooper!
Fullsizeoutput e067
 Fullsizeoutput e061
 Fullsizeoutput e066
One month pic of Kate! In one month, she's been in 4 states and has lived in Utah longer than Iowa :)
Fullsizeoutput e059
My view every morning - this boy never stays in his bed at night! Good thing he's cute!
Fullsizeoutput e045
It snowed on the 15th and I wasn't even mad because I'm moving to AZ :) And look how gorgeous!
Fullsizeoutput e038
Holladay has the best view of Mount Olympus!
Fullsizeoutput e04b
On Sunday we blessed Kate. We were so grateful for all of our family who was able to come and celebrate her with us :)
 IMG 1817
Fullsizeoutput e0c8
Fullsizeoutput e0d7
Fullsizeoutput e0af
Fullsizeoutput e19c







Fullsizeoutput e190

No comments:

Post a Comment