1.29.2011

Provo

After growing up regularly visiting Utah and having lived in Logan for almost four years now, I can still only count on one hand the number of times that I have visited Provo, UT. (And two of those times were to recruit at Provo High for Utah State.) I have been brainwashed to believe by some irrational grandparents who will remain unnamed that there is something very wrong with every person who lives or chooses to receive their education south of the Point of the Mountain. So for fear of being disowned, I steer clear of Provo. But this weekend I braved it to visit some of my favorite people in the entire world who I lived with on the other side of the world.



A few pictures of our ultimate low points in China:
On their way to be paraded at the Children's Day Performance
24 hour, crammed, sleeper bus ride
T-shirt, skirt, and tennis shoes









Forced into the splits for a picture for a Chinese Kung Fu brochure (this didn't make the cut, are you surprised?!)
We lived in this sweaty, homeless-looking state for 6 months straight and we didn't even judge each other. Or at least not to my knowledge. Now that is true friendship. (Read more of our crazy adventures here)

Here's a picture of us two years later. Hey, at least we clean up well, right?!

Indulging in what I dreamed about and talked about way too frequently in China: Coldstone. I would even read the ice cream descriptions on Coldstone's website far too many times than I would like to admit.
P.S. These girls are living proof that you can be born and raised in Happy Valley, go to school in Happy Valley, and never even come close to it's stereotype. So good job guys.

2 comments:

  1. You are hilarious. That picture of you doing the splits kills me. Imagining you reading the coldstone menu online kills me even more. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete