2.03.2011

The Facebook Obsession

Spencer and I watched The Facebook Obsession on CNBC about a month ago. It was very fascinating. You need to watch it.


After watching it, I was very bothered so I did something drastic - I deactivated my facebook account. (Gasp!) Too bad I was able to reactivate my account by simply typing in my username and password again. So one hour after I deactivated my account, my account was again activated due to my lack of self control.

I realized that quitting facebook cold turkey is just too hard for me. (And let's be honest, I will never quit facebook stalking.) So I tried another solution: I gave my password to Spencer. I can only log on when he types in my password for me. I have saved so much time! However, there are some unanticipated side effects of this time saving strategy that I have observed:

1. I created a blog and waste basically the same amount of time blogging as I used to waste on facebook.
2. My mom and brother are now facebook stalking under a new pseudonym. They used to have my password because I am the best daughter/sister and because they are too stubborn to get their own facebook account. Watch out for those creepers.
3. Sometimes, I just log onto Spencer's facebook when he is not around and stalk our mutual friends.

Whoops.

1 comment:

  1. I am living the SAME story! I gave my fb password to my mom but now have a blog and probably waste the same amount or more on blogging...hmm what are we going to do? :)

    ReplyDelete