2.11.2011

The inner fatty

That's me! I like sweet foods a lot. Weight Watchers and Jillian Michael's work out videos save my life. But sometimes they don't. I swear that cookies, cake, ice cream, and chocolate beg for me to eat them when I am by myself!

So I have one more strategy I use to somewhat save my figure - I give Spencer the power. In the past, I have made him hide cinnamon almonds, left over Halloween candy, and Christmas goodies. He has packed whole loaves of chocolate chip banana bread in his back pack and taken them to school, a dozen chocolate chip cookies another time. I have even put chocolate cake in the car for him to guard from me while he's at track practice. 

I admit this is not the perfect solution. Sometimes fat free hot chocolate and the 40 calorie fudgesicles just don't cut it. In weak moments, I find myself searching the house in a mad terror for hidden chocolate or forcing Spencer to play the "hot and cold" game with me.

I hit an all-time low moment this week. I couldn't find any of the hidden sweets and I seriously needed chocolate. I was going to DIE! I broke into the candy that I bought for Spencer for Valentines Day. He would never know what he was missing if he never saw it, right? The only problem is that he caught me. When I was in class last night he moved some of the food storage under our bed where his treats were hidden. When I got home, he confessed that he found his Valentines Day gifts but that he thought that we may have a rodent problem - the packaging had been broken into and eaten. Darn you food storage, I almost got away with it!

V-day last year. I can't wait to decorate cookies again. I'm already salivating!

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow I feel you girl. Reading this at 9am made me start eating my bag of valentines reeses, I have a problem too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same problemo.. only i hate working out. so it just packs on.. but this week huston and i started a diet. .. i am dying. haha. .. but its going good!! lol and we even added in a few work outs too. what can we say we just sweet tooths!! .. ps. this post is too funny! love ya annie! .. still need to call u! it was just a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my problem for so flippin long!! Finally, I made a pact with Jacque Weech that we would go off sugar for a week. The first day was horrible, but after that it got easier. That was almost three weeks ago, and I'm still going pretty good! I ate some cookies during the super bowl last week and even had a piece of pie this week (which gave me a horrible stomach ache, learned my lesson!!) so now I'm not even tempted any more. It's so weird! Try it, I DARE you. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh how funny that he thought you had a rodent! I feel the same way about sweets and Cooper has to hide food from me too...its a problem! You know what though? We are young married students and we deserve some dang chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey maybe I should start a blog. Or is that only for housewives?

    -Travis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dunno Trav, seeing that you don't have a husband, house, or baby to brag endlessly about, you may have some major writer's block. But rest assured that I would be a faithful follower of your blog regardless of your unfortunate circumstance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha Annie! first of all. I stalk your blog. second of all. this is so funny!! you guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete