1.25.2012

We dance

When I was 12, I made a list of all the qualities that I wanted in my husband. "Likes to dance" made the top five. But then I married Spencer, who happens to be one of those boys who stood around awkwardly at school dances because he was too cool to dance.

My 12-year-old self would be soooo disappointed.

I knew when I married him that his lacking dance quality could be a potential problem in my family. My family dances. Not the professional kind of dancing or anything, just the shake-your-booty-and-don't-care-what-people-think kind of dancing. My family even has a Christmas Eve tradition where you select a song and dance solo in front of the whole family in your new Christmas pajamas.

A month after we were married, we went to the beach with my family and extended family. Everyone wanted to have a dance party but my sister refused to let anyone dance until everyone watched her and Spencer have a dance off. As Spencer bravely danced to Selena Gomez with his 8-year-old sister-in-law in front of his new family, I'm pretty sure that he wished he had married into a family a little less crazy.

Since then, Spencer has gradually become more comfortable with his dance moves, and believe it or not, he can dance! I even have his first Christmas Eve dance solo in his new Christmas pajamas on tape to prove it.

But this post is not about Spencer. It's about Jack. I am teaching Jack before his father gets to him that night or day, awake or half asleep, happy or sad, enthused or completely bored, HE IS NOT TOO COOL TO DANCE!!!

4 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed this. Also Jack just needs to suck it up and enjoy it already, there's no crying in dancing! My favorite part is that his face is usually like "what the fetch is going on?" That was presh. And I can tell you had lots of fun with it. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it :) haha my favorites are Jack's shimmy and the part where he is so tired he can't even keep his eyes open. Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my flipping cute!!! This made me want a baby just so I can make the little guy dance it up! Love it Annie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is so cute annie!!! :) that is too funny! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete