11.25.2013

IA

In August of 2011, Spencer began his application process to graduate schools all over the country ranging from Washington to Minnesota to Michigan to North Carolina to New York to Virginia to Alabama. I distinctly remember one August afternoon walk in the neighborhoods of Kaysville, UT where I said to Spencer:

"I could be happy living in any of those places, but if God wants to really test me, he'll send me to Alabama. I just can't picture myself living there..."

And of course, Alabama it was.

This summer, as Spencer prepared applications to fellowships all across the country I told him, "I can be happy anywhere, but I don't really want to live in the midwest..."

(I bet you know where this story is going)

DAVENPORT, IOWA here we come!!!!! (In May)

It's going to be great!
Davenport zps4594aa2d

5 comments:

  1. Haha!! Annie, never say it out loud!!! Lesson learned ;) The upside....you guys are going to be living near my old stomping grounds, I grew up in Burlington, Ia. Such good people there. You will love being so close to Nauvoo! Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS! We might be living in Davenport this summer! That makes me so happy that you're going to be there--I'll let you know when I know for sure. Congratulations! That's so exciting :) The midwest is awesome--We lived in Omaha and Des Moines last summer and I really liked it. You're already used to humidity, and you'll love the people. The stereotype of Midwestern folk being really friendly really is true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know what Iowa stands for? Idiots Out Walking Around
    (It's a Minnesota thing!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Someone else told me it was I Otta Went Around

      Delete