1.07.2014

Things I'm loving

  • Firepit with friends
IMG 6944 zps73c46161


IMG 6944 zps73c46161

 IMG 6947 zps66dc641d
  • More zoo trips. The cold won't stop us. 
 Photo111 zpsd68d6985
  • Eggnog Creamies! Too bad I didn't get one this year. We went to Steel City Pops, a overpriced popsicle shop in town, to try their eggnog popsicles to see if they compared. They were sooooo gross. I couldn't even finish mine. I was so disappointed. 
 IMG 6955 zpse9e66921
  • Rummikub. We've played it so much lately that Jack got really good at pretending like he knows how to play too.
Photo213 zpsb5d667dd
  • Black Fish on Netflix. It is so interesting and I can't stop thinking about it, probably because it was my childhood dream to become a dolphin trainer at SeaWorld. DISCLAIMER: Don't watch this movie if you don't want SeaWorld to be completely ruined for you or if you want to keep your dream of becoming a dolphin trainer at SeaWorld!!!
  • "Nuggising" Jack. "Nuggis" is the first word I hear when Jack wakes up in the morning and I am never going to correct the way he says snuggle ever again. 
  •  Our spur of the moment day trip on Saturday to the Chattanooga, TN Aquarium. It was a blast. Jack was OBSESSED with the sharks. He still talks about them and he has worn his summer shark jammies on top of his clothes everyday since.
IMG 6958 zpsaa32469c
 IMG 6963 zps017e238b
 Photo52 zps1858dc9b
 Scuba zpsb9448308
He is probably telling me about sharks in this picture.
IMG 6965 zpsbbf69f6d

Jack weaseled his way to a front row seat for the shark show.
IMG 6972 zpsf3365956

All he needs is his truck and flash drive in his hand to be happy in the car.
 IMG 6973 zps4e2747c0
Same clothes for the third day in a row now.
Shark zps8ed9dd63
  • The movie, A Beautiful Mind. I forgot how amazing that movie was until we watched it again a couple of nights ago. 
  • My favorite "year in review" post, written by my bestest friend, Katie!
  • "Cold Days". This is when Birmingham shuts everything down because the temperature drops below 30 degrees so Jack and I just "nuggis" at home all day. 
  • Brene Brown. This woman is inspired! These two videos are amazing on vulnerability and shame. I am reading her book, Daring Greatly, and it is also amazing. 

1 comment:

  1. Wondrous! These are just one of the amazing things that you get to see and experience in Oban. Have you seen dolphins oban? They're really amazing and when I saw them myself, I was dumbstruck.

    ReplyDelete