7.15.2014

Things I'm Loving

  • David selfies during Jack's nap time. However, I don't love this quite as much as David napping during Jack's nap time. It's a good thing he's cute.
 Photo244 zps5b7dc197



Photo146 zps4594dac1
  • Today's forecast. This is the most mild summer of my entire life. I'm in trouble this winter!
 Fullsizeoutput fff2
  • My dad's brownies. My dad has made this recipe every Sunday since I can remember. I finally got the recipe from him because Spencer wanted them for Father's Day. (I was too scared to get the recipe before because of my lack of self control). Turns out I was right about the no self control thing - we can't stop making them and eating them!
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate (or 4T of butter plus 3/4 c cocoa)
2/3 cup shortening (I like to add a little extra to make brownies more gooey and soft)
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350
Grease a 9x13 cake pan with shortening
Melt chocolate and shortening on low heat in large pan.  Remove from heat after melted.
Mix in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt.
Bake for 30 minutes in greased cake pan.
Lick the bowl while it cooks :)
  •  My extreeeemely picky Jack, whose diet basically consists of peanut butter and honey sandwiches, pizza, and naked juice, who has a newfound love for apples dipped in...KETCHUP. I'm so glad he asked for it because I would have never thought to offer him that!
Photo145 zps73dd1eb9
  • David's happy place.
 Photo332 zps5775c0e9
  • Running with these kiddos... for about the first 10 minutes until David starts screaming bloody murder and the jogging stroller starts feeling like a million pounds. Then I hate it!
 Photo243 zps752cfc26
  • My Gryffindor/Jack and David birthstone rings. 
Photo20 zps98e53a08
  • The Office. We started watching Season 1 again and I forgot how awesome it is. The only TV that I ever need for the rest of my life is LOST and the Office. And maybe a little Sister Wives ;)

















2 comments:

  1. I'm just jealous Jack takes naps still. My little Chloe is DONE. It makes me sad. Also, Chloe and Jack must be meant to be friends, because she doesn't eat anything. Except for bread dipped in ketchup. I'll have to give the apples a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I should stop whining and be grateful Jack still takes naps! Bread dipped in ketchup?! Totally trying it :)

      Delete