8.20.2015

Last Friday, my friend Lisa texted me around lunch asking if we wanted to go camping with them that very day. We decided to go and it was the most spontaneous thing we have ever done since having kids ;) We had so much fun!
It also happened to be the hottest weekend of the entire summer. 90 degrees and humidity made for a hot camping trip! While we were at Walmart grabbing supplies on our way out, Spencer found this battery operated fan and it saved my life!
 Fun fact for the day: I cannot fall asleep at night unless a fan is blowing directly in my face, even in the winter. Our power went out about a month ago, and I didn't fall asleep until 2 am when the power turned back on and our fan was blowing in my face again.
 IMG 9957
David loved his first camping trip!
 IMG 9956
 IMG 9954
 IMG 9955
Jack loved spraying water on David. #brotherlylove
 IMG 9953
This was the first time David didn't sleep in a crib and it took a while for him to settle down :)
 IMG 9952
Waking up next to this sweet face is the best thing ever :) (Something that is not the best thing ever - waking up three times in the night to pee while camping)
 IMG 9951
 IMG 9950
We woke up bright and early, ate breakfast, went on a hike, and headed out by 9 am before the weather got too miserable. The hike (and weather!) reminded us a lot of Alabama.
 IMG 9949
 IMG 9948
 IMG 9947
 IMG 9946
 IMG 9945
 IMG 9944
 --------------------------------------------------------------
Spencer somehow convinced me to "trim" David's hair on Sunday. He cut it way shorter than I expected and I sobbed just like David did!
 IMG 9943
 IMG 9942
 IMG 9941
 IMG 9940
 IMG 9939
I was really worried that his hair wouldn't grow back curly but it looks like it's going to, thank goodness!
 -----------------
 In case you were worried, we are still making it to the zoo. Highlights - the monarch butterfly that came out of it's chrysalis while we were there, the new porcupine that Jack tried to take a picture of with me and David, and the big snake!
 IMG 9938
 IMG 9937
 IMG 9936

No comments:

Post a Comment