9.09.2015

Birthday Weekend

Things that have happened in the last month:
  • I forgot Jack's birth weight when a friend asked me (I had to check his newborn FB photo album to get it)
  • I wrote down that Jack was born in Alabama in a "get-to-know-you" form at primary and didn't realize my mistake until they after they announced it to the primary a week later.
  • I just realized today that David is one, not two
 Fullsizeoutput 1043c
I am hoping that my brain will work better now that I'm a year older;)
I had a great birthday weekend! I love that my birthday is in the beginning of September because Labor Day always falls around my birthday so I get a three day weekend! For my actual birthday, we went to church, opened presents, took naps, and carb loaded for our race the next day. We saved cake for Monday because of our race but Spencer made lasagna from scratch and bread sticks from scratch and it was delish! #hewasraisedbydebbihall
 IMG 9898
 IMG 9899
 IMG 9900
I bought myself a selfie stick for my birthday! #inauguralselfiestickselfie
 IMG 9892
 On Monday morning, we woke up bright and early for our race. Saturday and Sunday had been really hot and humid (high 80s and low 90s) and luckily it cooled down a bit on Monday for the race. It was still pretty humid and sticky, but what really killed us were the last 4 miles of hills! Miles 10 and 11 were so steep and so miserable. I had been training and was on track to run a time between 1:40-1:43 but ended up finishing at 1:50:56 on that crazy awful course! This was Spencer's very first half and I'm begging him to try one more because not all courses are that tough! We registered for this race because it was over my birthday but next time I register for a race I am going to study the course map! It was a gorgeous race though and was right along the Mississippi River.
 IMG 9897
 IMG 9895
 IMG 9894
Post race faces
 IMG 9896
 IMG 9891
That afternoon we had cake and I got a pedicure with one of the gift cards we won at the Rib Fest :)
I love my boys!
 IMG 9893
 IMG 9890
 I had a very happy birthday!
-----------------------------------
P.S. I'm really loving this instagram account - seriouslysoblessed made fun of Mormon mommy bloggers and now socalitybarbie makes fun of instagramers. It's not quite as good but I'll take what I can get!
 Fullsizeoutput 10433

1 comment: