10.14.2016

Friday Favorites

Today, I'm linking up with NarciErika and Andrea for Friday Favorites!
  • My sweet mother-in-law is definitely a favorite. On Monday, she received a shocking and devastating heath diagnosis of ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease. This week has been rough for all of us. We've been thinking of her, praying for her, and mourning with her. We love her so much and hope that she and my father-in-law feel God's strength and grace and hand in their lives during this difficult time.
IMG 4225
  • This:
IMG 6279
 Jack has been a trinket hoarder his entire life (I started noticing it when he was one). He attaches to an object for a few days (carries it everywhere and sleeps by it) then moves on to another object. These objects look like junk to most people, but to Jack, they are all treasures and organized just the way he likes it on his dresser :) Right now he is currently attached to a cool shaped rock he found at the pumpkin patch and a puppy stuffed animal that he named "T.S.C." (we have no idea where the name came from! haha) I love this little quirk about Jack.
  • David, who says the funniest things. My favorites this week:
    • When trying to persuade him to go to the bathroom, "But mom, I already did LASTERDAY!!!!"
    • When again trying to persuade him to go to the bathroom, "But mom, superheros don't have to go pee!!!!"
    • "You're the sweetest mom. I wuv ya." (And that right there cancels out all of the tantrums this week that I'm choosing not to blog about ;)
    • He also likes to pretend that he is a 10 year-old "strong boy" named Spencer. #someonelovestheirdaddy
  •  Jack's pumpkin patch field trip. The farm we visited was so cool and Jack had a blast and I had a blast watching Jack have a blast :)
IMG 6457
To get to the top of the slide, you had to climb to the top of the barn and go through a spooky maze. Jack couldn't get enough of it!
IMG 6467
IMG 6476
I couldn't believe how lax the workers were about putting a bunch of preschoolers in a chicken coop and letting them have at it! This might have been Jack's favorite part - catching chickens!
IMG 6506
IMG 6503
 IMG 6508
 A few more pics of the hayride:
IMG 6515
IMG 6518
IMG 6520
  • October weather!!! I've been wearing comfy leggings every single day this week!!!

4 comments:

  1. The pumpkin patch field trip looks like it was a blast!

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so heartbroken when my mom called and told me about Aunt Debbie. She is such an awesome woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so heartbroken when my mom called and told me about Aunt Debbie. She is such an awesome woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your mother-in-law. I have a friend with ALS and "devastating" is an appropriate word. Praying for a cure!

    ReplyDelete