10.09.2016

Fall fun!

October is my favorite month of the year and I think Jack and David love October just as much as I do!
September 30th - Jack and David in their Halloween PJs and ready to wake up to October - Halloween month!
IMG 6065
That Saturday morning, Spencer took the boys to the grocery store and they came home with pumpkins. They insisted on painting their pumpkins that very day. We don't waist any time with this Halloween celebrating!
IMG 6094
Later that day, Jack and I went to the mall to pick out a fall scented candle. Man, I love this almost-five-year-old and his squinty-eyed smile!
IMG 6092
IMG 6089
I ordered both Jack and David's costumes the end of September. (They both hadn't changed their mind about their costumes for over two weeks so I decided to go for it because they were begging to buy their costumes!)  I have to say, their costumes fit their personalities perfectly :) They've been wearing their costumes almost every day! Here is a sneak peak in case the costumes are in rags by the 31st! haha
Can you find the boy in this picture???
IMG 6072
All of us admiring our little Incredible Hulk :)
 IMG 6123
 Yesterday we went to a pumpkin patch and had a blast :)
IMG 6240
They both said that their favorite part was the pony ride. Jack's pony's name was "Prince" but he kept getting it confused and called it "Kingdom" all day long. haha Maybe because Prince's have Kingdoms??? We have no idea.
IMG 0496
Jack insisted on wearing this crocheted beanie that he wore as an infant the entire day. He kills me.
IMG 6201
Mining for gems. Jack kept saying, "Oh! This rock is GORGEOUS!" lol
IMG 6203
Cow train
IMG 6245
Wagon ride
IMG 6216
 IMG 6239
Magic popcorn picking
IMG 6221
 IMG 6222
Pumpkin picking
IMG 6258
Corn launch
IMG 6252
Bounce pad - David jumped until he peed a little. hahaha! #ithappenstothebestofus
 IMG 6256
It's been a good October so far and we're excited for more Fall fun!
------------------------------------------------------
Other than that, we've been playing outside a lot and enjoying the perfect weather. David insists on wearing his "fast shorts" and "fast shoes" every. single. day. He is so picky about what he wears and it's so frustrating! haha Many days he completes his outfit with this red hat and/or super hero cape:
IMG 6081
We picked Jack up from preschool with the outfit above last week and Jack shouted from line, "DAVID!!! YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!"

***Side note: other funny things that Jack shouted from line when I picked him up from preschool:
  • On his first day of school, "MOM!!!! I DIDN'T HAVE TO POO AT SCHOOL!!!!" (I had been telling him how he needs to learn to wipe by himself because no one would wipe him at school and he would always reply, "But mom, I never go poo at preschool!"
  • When David was in the thick of potty training, "HEY DAVID!!!! DID YOU HAVE ANY ACCIDENTS TODAY?!!!!" 
***Other funny things that Jack and David have said recently that I want to remember***
  • We asked Jack why he wakes up at the crack of dawn and my dinosaur loving child exclaimed, "Crackadon?! I've never heard of a Crackadon!" Jack is now our Crackadon dinosaur :)
  • David used to call Diet Coke "spicy juice" but now he calls it "cocoa" and I just can't correct him :)
  • Both Jack and David refer to any time in the past as "lasterday."
I love this picture of Jack and David, even though it's blurry. It captures their personalities perfectly. David playing superheros and Jack roaring like a dinosaur.
IMG 6105
Last week, David discovered a box of old shoes that he has outgrown but he found some cool "fast" Nike shoes that he really really wanted to wear and insisted that I get them on his feet. It was physically impossible because they were baby shoes ----> cue the worst temper tantrum of his life!
IMG 6172
He finally accepted that the shoes won't fit but now he carries them around everywhere. Here he is sleeping with them:
(Jack and David rediscovered their toddler mattresses in the basement and now prefer sleeping on them on the floor instead of sleeping on their cozy queen sized bed. I don't get it)
IMG 6177
Other things I'm loving:
  • Moments where I look at David and still see the baby in him. He's getting too big!
IMG 6060
These full body cuddles won't last much longer.
IMG 6181
  • This sweet boy and the flowers he picked for me.
IMG 6133
  • Jack's love for animals that creep me out! haha
IMG 6174
  •  David and Ellie's sweet friendship :)
 IMG 6185

No comments:

Post a Comment