11.23.2016

What's Up Wednesday

Fullsizeoutput 10f31
Today, I’m linking up with ShayShaefer and Mel for What’s Up Wednesday!
What I'm excited about:
Right now we are in Arizona for Thanksgiving!!! My parents moved to Utah last month and so we are having one last hurrah as a family in Arizona before they sell their house.
What I'm dreading:
Saying goodbye to Arizona :( I never thought in a million years that my parents would move and it's really weird to think that I no longer have family living in the place that I love, the place I call home, and the place I get homesick for. I will seriously miss my parent's home :(
IMG 7770
What we're eating this week: 
I almost don't want to waist a meal on Thanksgiving food while we are in Arizona because there are too many delicious places that I need to visit! haha In addition to a Thanksgiving feast this week, I am planning on eating a shrimp mango quesadilla from Gecko Grill, a strawberry coconut boba from The Street, Joe's BBQ, Bahama Bucks, and whatever other amazing AZ food I can shove into my mouth in just four short days!!!
What I'm reminiscing about:
The many bobas I've enjoyed over the years. I'm feeling a little panicky that after this trip, I don't know when I will get my next boba fix! I have found other bubble tea shops, but none compare to The Street in Mesa!
 IMG 7769
What we've been up to
We had 70 degree weather up until last Friday and tried to soak it in as much as possible because now it is officially COLD in Iowa!
IMG 7576
IMG 7564
IMG 3670
My friend asked me to take her family's pictures this last weekend. I definitely wouldn't call myself a photographer, so it's a good thing they're cute and that I have a good camera :)
IMG 3706
What Jack does when we are "cleaning" his room :)
IMG 7584
I love afternoon chill time with these boys :)
IMG 7590
IMG 7605
We got our Christmas decorations out this weekend! Jack and David were totally into setting up the nativity and Christmas tree :)
IMG 7614
(The only thing that makes that crocheted infant hat that Jack is wearing even more quirky than it already is is the fact that he kept his "zoo card" - aka my expired zoo membership card from Alabama shoved in the top of the hat the entire day. Even to a birthday party. He kills me.)
One of my favorite Christmas traditions growing up was that my parents gave us a new Christmas ornament every year. When I got married, I got to take all 21 of my Christmas ornaments from over the years and I love continuing the tradition with my kids. New ornaments for this year - John Deere tractor ornaments :) Jack loved seeing which ornaments were his and when I took a picture of him with all of his ornaments lined up, Spencer mocked me and said, "Remember how we used to just put ornaments on the Christmas tree instead of take pictures of them?!" haha
IMG 7610
Another Christmas tradition - sleepover by the Christmas tree the first night it is up. Spencer and I passed on this tradition this year :)
IMG 7621
What I'm loving: 
  • Anagrams! It's an app through Imessage that is similar to the game Boggle. Growing up, my brother and I played Boggle almost every Sunday and now I have been playing Spencer and my brother every single day since I downloaded it! It's so fun!
IMG 7574
  • Target dollar spot! (I actually try to avoid it during the holidays because the dollars add up at the dang dollar spot) but I couldn't pass on these cute plates!
IMG 7558
  • This! I used to iron my clothes almost every night in high school (even my jeans!) but I NEVER iron anymore!
IMG 7594 
  •  Taking advantage of expectant mothers parking spaces! Though I must say, I think I would rather have a "moms with infants and/or toddlers" parking space.
IMG 7599
What I'm working on:
I just finished working on a "busy bag" exchange with some friends and I'm excited to have some little activities to keep my kids quiet and busy during church :)
IMG 7768
Also, I only have one more week of my drawing class for my professional development class for my teaching relicensure. I hate this class and I'm so glad that it is almost over. Drawing is not my thing and I don't see how this helps me be a better elementary school teacher. I have to do two "free sketches" in addition to my anxiety-inducing drawing assignments and I always choose to draw a Disney character to impress Jack and David :) Most of my drawings are truly horrible (like the teacher seriously has told me to try again for a better grade multiple times) but I am proud of my Disney drawings :)
 IMG 7601
IMG 7600
What I'm watching/reading:
This is Us! Love this TV show!
I read "Station Eleven" for book club this month. It wasn't my favorite, but I still enjoyed it.
IMG 7487
What I've been listening to:
I'm going to Beautiful the musical with my BFF tonight so I've been listening to that soundtrack all week!

What I'm wearing: 
Warm clothes! Yay for Arizona Thanksgivings!
What I'm doing this weekend: 
Hanging out with family, stuffing myself sick, and celebrating Jack's birthday!
What I'm looking forward to next month:
Christmas and a vacation with Spencer's family!
Bonus Question: what's your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
Turkey bowls and turkey trots!
 photo WUWquestions_zpszasaseyl.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Your Christmas traditions are so sweet - love the sleepover under the tree :)

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh eat all the AZ food up. Shrimp mango?! Yes please!!

    ReplyDelete