7.07.2017

4th of July and other stuff

We had a great 4th of July in 110 degree weather swimming with friends and then going to Scottsdale's INDOOR 4th of July celebration! #weloveamerica #andairconditioning :)

David can officially swim by himself which is so nice, especially when I'm swimming with Kate too! This was not Kate's first time swimming, but my first time documenting it because I can't do pictures when I'm swimming with three kids by myself ;) She loves it!
 Fullsizeoutput e6ca
Fullsizeoutput e6cf
Fullsizeoutput e6cd
Fullsizeoutput e6d1
She was all tuckered out after swimming :)
Fullsizeoutput e6d2
We LOVED the Scottsdale 4th of July celebration! We didn't have big plans on the 4th, but when I found this indoor option, we were SOLD! There were bounce houses, rides, character meet-and-greets, pony rides, a petting zoo, a BMX show, mutton busting, bull riding, and fireworks outside at the end of the event. We all had a blast and will definitely go back again!

Funny story:
Somehow, Jack and David thought that the 4th of July was Captain America's birthday so they wore their capes. I clarified and told them that it was America's birthday, not Captain America's birthday. The next day, they were telling the banker at Wells Fargo, people at the grocery store, and basically anyone that they came into contact with that they got to go to America's birthday party the night before and told them all about it and how fun it was . When I asked Jack if he wanted to go again next year he said, "I don't know because I don't know if that's the kind of party America will pick next year." He thinks he went to the only celebration on the 4th and I think he's holding out for America to pick a dinosaur or Pokemon themed birthday party next year! hahaha Clearly, I need to clarify what Independence Day actually is!  😆

David's favorite part of the night was the mutton busting and the pirate ship ride and Jack's favorite part was "all the parts with animals." :)
Fullsizeoutput e6d4
Fullsizeoutput e6d6
Fullsizeoutput e6d7
Fullsizeoutput e6e1
Fullsizeoutput e6e8
Fullsizeoutput e756
Fullsizeoutput e6fd
Fullsizeoutput e6fe
Fullsizeoutput e6ff
Fullsizeoutput e75a
Fullsizeoutput e769
Kate was a trouper with all the noise and hardly slept the 6 hours we were there. She crashed right as the loud fireworks went off. As you can see, she was in a very stress-free, deep sleep ;)
Fullsizeoutput e76c
We had an awesome 4th of July, but my favorite part was my grandma :) We have a weird family 4th of July tradition - my dad always takes a ridiculous patriotic video with the American flag and sends it to us every year. He really outdid himself this year and recruited my cute grandma! 😆 She's such a good sport! Full video is on my instagram account.


Fullsizeoutput e678
---------------------------------- 
Other things we've been up to - swimming at friend's houses, carousel at the mall, play dates, and swimming lessons.
Fullsizeoutput e6bc
Fullsizeoutput e6bd
IMG 3809
Fullsizeoutput e76e
IMG 3760
Jack still loves playing with his "cozy animals" every day!
IMG 3813
And some pictures of Kate for good measure :)
Fullsizeoutput e76f
Fullsizeoutput e770
Fullsizeoutput e6c3
This is what she looks like when I put her down for the night. She's wide awake, smiling, and talking, but as soon as turn out the lights and shut the door, she falls asleep within 5 minutes. Then she wakes up 9 hours later just as happy. It's magic! I guess complaining about David's sleeping (waking up 2-3 times in the night until he turned 1) really paid off and God sent me a good sleeper ;) With David we've had well over 365 nights of interrupted sleep but with Kate, I've had maybe 20.
IMG 3800

No comments:

Post a Comment