11.05.2017

Halloween 2017

We had a great Halloween! I love the month of October and all of the Halloween things, but my heart also missed fall this year :( Arizona is still mostly too hot in October so I'm glad we got to go to Utah at the beginning of the month and see some fall leaves! We had a ward Halloween party last weekend and we went as the Incredibles (again!). I *think* I can promise that this is the last year we will ever wear them but they are just too easy not to use over and over again! We've gotten a lot of use out of my parent's old costumes!
Fullsizeoutput f637
2014
Fullsizeoutput f660
2015
IMG 7572
I loved having the ward party outside this year. In Iowa, our ward Halloween parties were always inside and then at the very end we would all go outside and trunk-or-treat as fast as we could because it was so dang cold. This year, everyone set up chairs and laid down blankets in a circle in a big field and the kids trick-or-treated that way. I liked it better than trunk-or-treating!
Fullsizeoutput f639
Fullsizeoutput f63a
Fullsizeoutput f63b
Fullsizeoutput f644
David and our next-door-neighbor, Saige. They are the best little buddies and play all the time together. I'm so grateful for Saige because she keeps David entertained for me when Jack is at school :) Plus, she is the cutest.
Fullsizeoutput f645
Kate's second of three costumes this year :) We got a Snow White and Tinker Bell costume handed down to us and I couldn't NOT have her wear both. She wore this trick-or-treating at Target on Saturday. Girls are too fun!
Fullsizeoutput f526
Fullsizeoutput f529
Fullsizeoutput f52f
Fullsizeoutput f532
Spencer carved a pumpkin, Jack and David painted pumpkins, and I opted out this year :)
Fullsizeoutput f654
We went to "The Halloween House" in Gilbert on Monday night and it was a hit! The lights were in sync to music just like a lot of homes do at Christmas and it had two spook alleys on both sides of the house. It was a perfect and free alternative to a haunted house for little kids!
IMG 7584
IMG 7581
On Halloween, David had his Halloween party at preschool and Jack got to go home with a friend for a Halloween playgroup.
Fullsizeoutput f666
IMG 7608
Fullsizeoutput f664
After school, we picked up Ghost Busters to watch because Jack and David were dying to watch it. David lost interest half way when he realized that the Ghost Busters were girls :)
Fullsizeoutput f672
I swear this happens every year, but by October 31st my kids were over trick-or-treating! Walking house to house seemed like too much work to them compared to other quicker trick-or-treating they've done beforehand. (Insert eye rolling emoji) We went down two streets and they were begging to go home, the lazy turds! haha
Jack was a pterodactyl, David was Leonardo, and Kate was Tinker Bell. I didn't realize until after I took this picture that we had a green theme going on! I am hoping that Jack is over his dinosaur stage by next Halloween because the variety of dinosaur species is limited once you are out of toddler sizes! This costume was a 5T and it was too short for him! haha
Fullsizeoutput f538
Fullsizeoutput f548
Fullsizeoutput f549
Fullsizeoutput f54b
Fullsizeoutput f54d
Fullsizeoutput f54e
Fullsizeoutput f54f
And a couple more throwbacks just for fun :)
2015
Fullsizeoutput f65b
2016
Fullsizeoutput f65e

No comments:

Post a Comment