9.11.2019

Birthday weekend

I had a happy 30th birthday last Friday! Jack asked me yesterday if I felt 30 or if I still felt 29. I told him that I kind of still feel like 29 and he smiled knowingly and said, "Ya, that happens to me too!" :)

 I did the birthday freebie hustle with Kate and David in the morning and then in the afternoon, we headed up north or our ward campout. I got 14 freebies!

Spencer says he can't think of a worse way to spend his birthday, but when it's 100 degrees out, a weekday, and you have little kids to entertain, I think it's pretty fun :) Kate and David love that I share so many treats with them and get them things that I usually say "no" to :)
My breakfast buddy :)



David joined us at 10 after his "half" half day of school.



And then Jack joined us for the last couple of stops - he really wanted to choose the ice cream sandwich at The Baked Bear :)

I hadn't seen this picture of me and my sister-in-law at Disneyland before :) Sad fact about this picture - we lost David for a couple of minutes while trying multiple times to "get" this picture. #totallyworthit Just kidding! It was traumatizing for me but thankfully David didn't even realize he was missing lol

We had a great time camping! (Besides the whole getting up to pee in the middle of the night and waking up to deflated air mattresses at 4:30 am!) We had a corn hole tournament in the morning and Spencer dragged me to the semi finals! I had no idea Spencer was so good at corn hole! haha (I had a sore tricep the next day, even though I did not contribute much to our team! haha)






On Saturday afternoon we headed to Tonto Natural Bridge on our way home. We loved it and it was Jack and David's favorite hike to date!








Jack loved trying to catch the crawdads! 
On the way back up, Spencer ripped/shredded his pants. I didn't even know a rip this big was possible! haha!
He had to crawl, lunge, and climb up rocks while holding Kate. (Those poor (or lucky?!) hikers who looked down on him flashing them as they passed!!) I could not. stop. laughing.
It was basically like this minus the shorts - it was explicit and there was nothing to cover it! haha
Also - one of my favorite parts about motherhood - taking toddlers to public restroom. Kate must get completely naked when she goes to the bathroom so this outhouse was super fun

No comments:

Post a Comment