4.04.2013

Salads I'm loving


Spencer and I LOVE these salads and rotate them regularly in our weekly meal plans. I truly do not find cooking all that enjoyable, but I love that these recipes are cheap, tasty, quick or easy to make in advance, and somewhat healthy. There are no delicious looking pictures to go with the recipes because I can't make food look aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but just take my word for it and try them, okay?

Chinese Chicken Salad

Dressing:
(I usually double this)

2 T sesame seeds
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
3 T white wine or cider vinegar
2 T chopped peanuts
2 T sugar

Salad:

chopped romaine lettuce
chopped grilled chicken
chopped green onions
mandarin oranges
crispy chow mein noodles

Rumbi's Mango Chicken Salad

Salad:

chopped romaine lettuce
3 diced tomatoes 
diced mangos or mandarin oranges
1/2 C feta cheese (we usually don't add this and it is still delish)
1 T sesame seeds
tortilla chips, broken up
chicken breasts (tastes good cooked w/ lemon pepper)
cooked brown rice

Dressing:
(makes a lot!)

1/4 c Dijon Mustard
2 T lime juice
1 t chili powder
3/4 c mayo 
1/2 c soy sauce
1/2  c white vinegar
2 T minced garlic
2 T ginger powder (I sometimes use less)

BBQ Ranch Salad

Lettuce, chicken, corn, black beans, avocado, tortilla chips plus whatever else you want topped with BBQ sauce and ranch

Will you please tell me your favorite easy/cheap/delicious/somewhat healthy recipes now?! You can even send me a link to your pinterest account and I won't even hate you as long as you tell me which ones you've actually tried and liked. :)

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting new salad recipes! Thank you!! And I remember that one you made when I came to visit... It was really good!

    ReplyDelete