4.30.2013

swimming, bananas, and trail racing

On Friday night, it was Spencer's turn to go to the temple so I got a date night with Jack. We went to the pool at my work (a perfect time to go because we can't afford a membership for Spencer even with my employee discount!), we went to Chick-fil-A, and a we went to Yogurt Mountain to use my free 8 ounces I got from competing in the Jesus Half (also a perfect time to go because we can't afford the way Spencer loads up on his frozen yogurt and toppings - he thinks he must fill those ridiculously oversized bowls as high as possible and it ends up costing us more than the price of two half gallons of Blue Bell ice cream!) The yogurt place had maple bacon flavor which I sampled and it was weird. I ended up going with the vanilla bean and chocolate swirl with bananas and Heath bits on top. Delish!

Can we talk about bananas now?! Did you know that they are incredibly delicious in ice cream and frozen yogurt?! I never liked bananas growing up so I never tried bananas with ice cream until about a month ago, and holy banana split! Those things are good. I think I need to eat a banana split every night now to make up for lost time.
IMG 6025 zpse031151e
 IMG 6022 zps7c75d5ea
Saturday morning was Spencer's 10k trail race! It was a beautiful day and a beautiful trail and also an incredibly freaking hard race! I can't believe that Spencer chose that race as his first race, and even though we both thought he was going to die alone out on the trail, he had a lot of fun and wants to do another race! Go Spencer! Also, awesome job to our friend, David, who took second place overall!
922834 489869154401485 1136837062 n zpsb9f5a6cd
IMG 5987 zps60f3e902

IMG 6050 zpsb8610d64 2
 IMG 6053 zps354c54ce
The rest of our weekend consisted of crepes with friends, Sam's Club sampling, Pizza Hut, movie with friends (we watched Salt and I hardly asked any questions!), waffles, lesson planning, church, and Lost.

And Monday was just one of those 25-toddlers-in-which-9-of-them-were-screaming-in-terror-the-whole-time-at-work kind of days.

Hellooooo Tuesday!
IMG 5980 zps58508a12

1 comment:

  1. Your job description is exactly why I don't want to take my kids to the gym. Ha! And that's awesome that Spencer is your new running buddy!

    ReplyDelete