4.24.2013

Confessions Round 2

1. Spencer and I consumed a half a gallon of Blue Bell Banana Pudding ice cream in 24 hours. I will go as far as to say that if you haven't tried this heavenly goodness, then you haven't even lived. Do yourself a favor and eat some right now.
DSC 00211 zpsf011a962
2. I get paid (a very tiny bit) to take my child to play with a million super cool toys and to have him make messes outside of our apartment. I also talk to adults on a daily basis now! (And occasionally hold two screaming babies at the same time while Jack cries and clings to my leg, but let's not talk about that)

3. I have had a marathon change of heart and have officially decided that I am going qualify for the Boston Marathon. (one day, far far from today)

4. I am a zoo junky. Since we moved to Birmingham, I believe I have spent more time at the zoo with animals than with humans, and as a result, in social settings (usually small talk), I have zoo diarrhea of the mouth that I think is comparable to a nervous tick in which I cannot. stop. talking. about. the. zoo. Somebody asks me how I am doing and all of a sudden I am spouting out random facts about zoo animals and inviting them to go to the zoo with me and once I get to the part about how our Birmingham lioness is on birth control pills and how the San Francisco Zoo actually gives animal sex tours every February for Valentines Day, I scream to myself in my head: ANNIE!!! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! You have GOT to have something more interesting to talk about than the zoo!!! 

5. I genuinely get a kick out of watching people uncomfortably/awkwardly/sugar coatedly/politically correctedly (totally words people!) ask me where I am from/what ethnic group I belong to/if I'm Asian. I am asked this a lot, and while it is not a hard question to ask, most people squirm as they struggle to appropriately phrase the question, as if it would hurt my feelings if they asked me in the "wrong way". (FYI, this is my favorite story about my non Asian-ness)

6. My brain is not the same as it once was. I told a child at work today over and over again that the horsie says, "Moooooo!" and didn't stop until my co-worker finally filled me in on the truth about horse sounds. (Further evidence of my melting brain ----> here)

---------------------------

Past confessions -----> here. lkjh



3 comments:

  1. Oh Annie I miss you!!! I literally can't stop laughing about your diahrea of the mouth and the horse sound. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue Bell is the BEST. The factory is in Texas and I grew up going there. I was so happy to see that they have it here in kentucky! Your family is just the cutest! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete