7.30.2013

Random Bullet Points

  • On Friday, I got a text from my dad at work about the death of our family dog, Nera. I ended up getting sent home from work early because I couldn't stop crying about an old smelly, diabetic, blind, and deaf dog with dementia and arthritis. She was the best dog and I'm so happy she was a part of our family. Fun fact for the day: my dad is actually allergic to dogs, but when James and I were little, we asked my mom if we could get a dog if dad died. That is when my dad finally caved and got Nera. 
IMG 1454 zps19af7ae6
Another fun fact for the day: I never called Nera "Nera" in the same tone again after James got laughing gas and called her "Niraaaaaaaa!!!" His drugged up way of saying Nera is so much more fun.
  • I have a confession to make - I have been watching this season of the Bachelorette. I justify this horrible error in judgement because I watch it while doing the laundry or the dishes or while I'm on the treadmill. Since last night was part 1 of the season finale, I convinced Spencer to watch it with me at our friends house. **SPOILER ALLERT** The episode consists of two, quick, insincere awkward dates, then Brooks talks to people about breaking up with Des for an hour and then he actually breaks up with Des for a half an hour, and then they cry for another half an hour. That was whole two hour show. So when I asked Spencer what he thought about it in the car he said, "Every time I watch that show I think of all of the better things that I could do with my time, like stare at a wall." Touche, Spencer.
  • Pro - Cheesecake Factory has half-off cheesecake today (and yesterday) so we went last night to get our vanilla bean cheesecake with raspberry sauce!!!! Con - Even half off, it is still expensive and it didn't taste as good pregnant and it made us both sick because we inhaled our pieces to get Jack out of there as quickly as possible! He prefers running around restaurants to actually sitting down and every time we go out to eat with him, we swear we will never take him to a restaurant again, but then somehow we just keep going back. They should have childcare at restaurants or maybe cages - highchairs don't work.
  • I got a random, surprise Harry Potter package from Katie!!! I think she should just quit her job and open up a Book Nerd Etsy shop.
IMG 6421 zps8dd4f19a

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the daycare at restaurants idea. I keep thinking it's just a stage that we will soon be out of, but eating out is definitely not as easy as it used to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fact: If Katie opened up a book nerd etsy shop, I would totally shop there. Super jealous of your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, I seriously love reading your blog-makes me laugh every time!! Looks like life in Alabama is treating you guys well, CONGRATS on baby #2!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am finally catching up on all of the blog stalking I have neglected over the past several months and I just wanted to say congrats on your new little baby! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete