7.11.2013

Things I love about Arizona trips

  • Jack's entertainment (aka my family)
My grandparents came to visit!
IMG 6296 zps0d977788 
Photo 20 zps2423858c
Photo 18 zps6447964b
  • Swimming! My parents pool was perfect for Jack and we had a blast swimming every morning at 6 stinking am. (One, because Jack woke up at that time and two, because it was toooo hot to swim in the afternoon.
 IMG 6269 zpseb33a8f9




IMG 6279 zps2f4e3962
 IMG 6283 zpsa7f4ec1e
  • Friends. I believe I was blessed with the most awesome and loyal friends growing up, and I am sad that I didn't get time to see them all.
  • Food! It is very overwhelming being in Arizona for only one week because that means that I only have 7 days to shove all of my favorite Arizona foods in my mouth. Luckily, I made it to Gecko Grill twice, to Bobas three times, and to Flancer's once. We did some serious eating but Joe's BBQ and Bahama Bucks unfortunately will have to wait until next time. (At least my Grandma brought me home a Joe's chocolate chip cookie!)
0706131421 zps5b53732a
FYI - Strawberry coconut is usually the second best flavor unless you are pregnant and not liking chocolate very much and therefore not liking the #1 chocolate coconut flavor as much. Then strawberry coconut gets bumped to #1.
  • Last Chance! Y'all are crazy if you live in AZ and don't shop there. 
  • 4th of July! Whoever thinks that celebrating the 4th of July in 118 degree weather is lame obviously hasn't spent it with my patriotic father. 
 Photo 16 zps4d664c1d
 IMG 6336 zps53c1a65a
 IMG 6324 zpsb17610f4
 IMG 6321 zps7c430617
 IMG 6319 zps76741c12
 IMG 6304 zps753d33b2
 IMG 6308 zps5c6c4ec9
 IMG 6332 zpsc9c7b9fd
 Photo 21 zps2920c778
And contrary to popular belief, my dad is not drunk in this video:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I am happy to report that my flying experience with Jack this time was the exact opposite of my last flying experience with him. The trick was to bring a bag of dumb dumbs, to bring 10 dollars worth of new dollar store toys, to watch Yo Gabba Gabba, to ask for lids on all of our drinks that the flight attendants brought us, to bring Spencer, and maybe just getting Jack old enough to understand that he was in an airplane and couldn't leave even if he wanted to. I seriously read a whole novel on the plane! (I am not telling you which one I read because it was a lame teen bopper cheesy predictable book, and Spencer embarrassed me by reading it over my shoulder out loud while talking like a Valley girl, but after crazy polygamist cult books I have to detox with one of those :)
IMG 6265 zpsa1ae7136

3 comments:

  1. a whole week in arizona??? wtf??.... how do i get on the announcement train? lol its ok.. i spent a glorious two weeks in lakeside :) and it happened to be that time you were in town :( but im glad you had fun. and congrats on baby number two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I knew you were in Lakeside because of all of your fb posts! Hope you had fun in Lakeside :)

      Delete
  2. I'm still perturbed that our timing was totally off AND we couldn't pull off a Jackson Hole trip together. That beng said, I love your family! I'm so sad I missed everyone but glad you had a fun time. By the way, I want to know which novel you read on the plane. You tell me, and I'll tell you which cheesy Mormon romance I just finished :)

    ReplyDelete