9.04.2013

Things I'm Loving

(I am not loving the fact that our internet has been going in and out for the last week or so which is why I haven't blogged for a bit)
  • Spencer's last first day of school picture EVER!!!
IMG 6533 zps2a906c02
  • Jack's new closed mouth smile. I think he is very good at smiling with his eyes.
Jack zps6d88f250
  • The stand up fan (our apartment is incredibly hot) and the Outback Steakhouse gift card that Krissy gave to us as a "thank you" when she went home. Somehow I convinced her that I was the one doing her a favor for letting her fly all the way across the country with a crazy toddler to come entertain me for a week :)
  • My new hobby (but mostly Spencer's). Spencer convinced me to buy Walmart paint sets and start painting. I HATE creative activities like this but I managed to not have an anxiety attack while painting thanks to youtube tutorials. 
Paint zps9e0b20cb

This is the part of the post where I am not going to be humble at all because I think we both did an excellent job for never painting before. These were our first four paintings.  Spencer did the ones on the top (without youtube) and I did the one's on the bottom (with youtube). I think I am going to convert my blog into a painting blog now, fyi.
IMG 6432 zps69607afc

This is my favorite one of Spencer's:
 IMG 6524 zps9b1f5a99
And my favorite one of Jack's:
IMG 6423 zps01abe5c4
Yep, we're getting all crafty and creative over here. I might even log onto pinterest one of these days... but probably never.

1 comment:

  1. Um... those paintings are amazing! What the heck! Definitely a hidden talent. So when are you going to paint a picture of Hogwarts?

    ReplyDelete