9.10.2013

Things I'm Loving

  • My 24th birthday, which was last Friday. We got a babysitter, went to P.F. Chang's, played ping pong, and my friends even gave me a gift card to get a pedicure! It was the perfect accidental Asian themed birthday and my favorite birthday as an adult so far. (Maybe that was because it was so similar to my 15th ping pong/swimming birthday party?!? hahaha) I am grateful for my amazing friends and family who made it extra special this year. I had a slight ping pong hangover the next day and woke up at 3 am as stiff as a rock. (I think that is because 4 1/2 month pregnant women should not sprint then dive to get a ping pong ball while playing around the world. When I asked Spencer if my dive looked amazing or like a 4 1/2 month pregnant lady falling really hard he chose not to answer... rude!)
  • My grandparent's late bday gift that came yesterday... it is a knock off Gucci purse/backpack/diaperbag that they got from Beijing years ago. (See what I mean by accidental Asian themed birthday?!) I am super excited about it so I decided to model it on my blog. This picture will count as my 20 week baby bump photo, okay?
IMG 6548 zps4f67ed7a
  • Our 20 week ultrasound where we found out that we are having a... BABY!!! Our gender revealing party will be in January/February when I deliver the baby which means you are not invited to the party because that would be awkward. 
  • This amazing, well articulated blog post - On Respect On Responsibility and Mrs. Hall's Open Letter to Teenage Girls - in response to this blog post, which I did not like. Since I already vented about the post on fb I will not vent here and only say that I think that Kristen nailed it. 
  • Jack, who has been waking up at 7:15 for the past three mornings! I truly am praying that 7:15 is his new 6 am (knock on wood) because he has never slept until 7 in his entire life and I feel like a new woman with that extra hour of sleep! I am also loving that he says "OH MAN!" instead of "Amen" after we pray and that he helped me make biscuits on Sunday morning even though they turned out horrible. I also am loving that I basically did a whole "baby milestone" post in one bullet point because I never do "baby milestone" posts. I am so sneaky. 
IMG 6534 zps40df7b7d
  • Story time at the library that started up again now that summer is over! I recognize that it is sad that I live for story time and zoo days, but such is life. 
  • This inspiring blog post, We Must See Past What it Seems, which made me think of this incredible video: 

I pray that I will treat people more gently, love more, and judge less, because that is what I hope people will do for me :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Annie you find the best blogs and I'm so glad you share them! I absolutely loved them both. I need to call you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why the heck do you have your blog require one of those prove I'm not a computer things! I thought you have a hard time doing them too! I hate them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know, I HATE THEM!!!! I was getting a lot of spam comments this summer so I decided to put it back up for a bit....

      Delete