3.17.2014

Things I'm loving on this depressing Monday

The last two weeks have been so fun. Both of our families visited for David's baby blessing and we just got back from a wonderful beach trip. Now it's back to real life and we aren't too happy about it. Jack has been crying for "Ikiss, Bess, Nana, and Papa" (sorry James) for the past two days and it is kind of heartbreaking. It must be so confusing as a toddler not being able to comprehend why your favorite people would just up and leave.

I have a long list of things I'm not really liking about today, but I will filter that out of this post and stick with the things that I'm loving.
  • A fridge full of grapefruit that my family brought to us, fresh from their trees in Arizona. 
Photo131 zpsab76ab26
  • The fact that we get to have round two of spring break next week! (Spencer ditched out on all of his classes last week to go to the beach for my family's spring break... he has "last semester of graduate school senioritis," if that is even a thing.
  • Learning that I really really love apple fritters. For some reason I had never tasted one until last week when my dad bought the most amazing giant apple fritter (that looked like a cow pie).  We ended up buying THREE more and I ate more than I would like to admit. The reason I am posting a picture is to show that it was the size of a gallon size bag and of course, to show off my amazing food photography skills.
 Photo230 zpsdd289ce0
  • Knowing that my 471 unread emails are nothing compared to the amount of unread emails and texts that I discovered on my mom's phone. I think I inherited digital hoarding issues from my mother :)
Fullsizeoutput f6c1
  • This sweet boy. When Jack was David's age, I think we already had 5 hours of video of him sleeping and kicking and doing nothing. David doesn't get nearly as much digital attention. Poor second child. 
Photo325 zpsca16c518
Photo515 zps6bae29e7
Photo419 zpsf4cd094a

  • I got cleared by my doctor to exercise again which means running and endorphins and strength training so that I can do jumping pictures with my sister and not look like an idiot!
 IMG 0548 zps8740b6cd
 IMG 0557 zps4b53036d
 IMG 0552 zps96a162de
I'm hoping Jack and David take naps at the same time again later this week so that I can again ignore my messy apartment and unpacked bags and get some more blog therapy in. I certainly have my priorities straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment