3.10.2015

Things I'm Loving

  • The weather!!! It finally started warming up on Sunday, and by warm I mean like 45 degrees :) It's all in perspective, man! Since then, we've been walking and biking and park hoping and playing outside and it's been good for my soul. Jack and David go through about three outfits and three pairs of shoes a day because they get so wet and muddy from the melting snow but I'm alright with that because WARMTH. 
IMG 0417
IMG 0411
IMG 0412
 IMG 0414
  • The first secondhand item I have been brave enough to own since The Bedbugs of 2012. (David loves it!)
IMG 0413
  • Learning that Little Caesars pizza gives you free paper plates and cookies if you ask! We are three-times-a-weekers thanks to Jack (Sadly, I live off of my kid's pizza crust!) and I can't believe I didn't know this! (Don't judge our pathetic park picnic in the slowly melting snow, we're desperate remember?!)
IMG 0415
  • This music video!!! My best friend knows me too well. She sent a text saying that she has become a little obsessed with a British ginger named Ed Sheeran and little did I know it was going to be a music video of RON WEASLEY BEING ALL SWOONY!!! hahaha fun fact for the day - I was in love with Ron Weasley/Rupert Grint during my teenage years. This video made me laugh so hard! (But in all seriousness, I like the song!)
  • Sword toothpicks that Spencer's awesome and thoughtful cousin mailed to me. Jack has been doing a little better at eating non-pizza and non-peanutbutter food now that he can stab it with a pirate sword :) Also, this is a long shot, but does anyone know much about food therapy? Or feeding tips or book recommendations? I am thinking about taking Jack in for an evaluation because I am not kidding when I say he only eats pb&js, pizza, gogurt, breads, cereal, crackers, doritos, ice cream, candy, and nobake cookies and if we are reeeeeally lucky he'll eat chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, apples, applesauce and oranges.
IMG 0410
IMG 0409
  • My dad visiting! Jack has been telling me since my mom visited in November that Papa needed to come see his home. Papa finally caved :) I feel like I need sub-bullet points for the things I loved about my dad coming to visit.
 IMG 0421
    • Tractor Museum!!! Jack was so excited to show my dad the lawn mower :) 
 IMG 0431
IMG 0432
Since I obviously haven't posted enough pictures of the same people on the same machines, here come more:
IMG 0433
IMG 0430
IMG 0429
    • The Putnam Science Museum. We had never been before because I heard it wasn't that exciting for little kids but we finally checked out the competitive and coveted free passes at the library and gave it a shot. Jack loved it and I was sold because it is only two miles from our house and this may be hard to believe but I am totally sick of the tractor museum and story time :) I ended up buying a membership.
Jack made us all hide in the submarine while he shot all of the sharks with his flipper :)
IMG 0427
IMG 0424
When it's too cold for the real zoo, a room with stuffed zoo animals will have to do.
IMG 0426
IMG 0425
    • My dad babysat for us while we went on Spencer's birthday date to eat Thai food and see Les Miserables at a local theatre. 
IMG 0428
IMG 0422
    • He grocery shopped for us, cooked Sunday dinner for us, took us out to eat at The Shed, fixed things in our town house that we didn't even know needed fixed, made his famous Sunday brownies, talked politics with us, and went on walks with us - he is the best!!!
IMG 0423
IMG 0420
IMG 0419
 IMG 0418
IMG 0416
 IMG 0408
    • Last but not least, Jack insisted that Papa take him potty the entire weekend. Best break ever :) 

1 comment:

  1. I liked the book "Bringing Up Bebe'" as far as food goes. I think "French Kids Each Everything" is similar but more focused on food, obv. But I've kind of always done a lot of what she recommends, maybe he's beyond that/has another issue (intolerance, allergies, whatever else can be wrong with kids' insides these days). Anyway, good book for the most part.

    ReplyDelete