3.03.2015

Half of the Halls in Utah

Spencer's cute Grandpa Hall passed away last week. Grandpa Hall was so sweet, so funny, so loving, and I always thought that he looked like Carl Fredrickson from the movie Up :) I feel blessed to have known him and I'm so happy that my Jack carries his name.








Spencer luckily was able to get a decent deal flying out of Chicago to attend the funeral (unfortunately we couldn't afford for all of us to go) so last Wednesday night, he left for Utah and he took David too since David flies for free! I'm not going to lie, I was pretty happy that Spencer decided to take David - I got a break from my demanding baby, Spencer got some one-on-one time with the demanding baby, his family got to see David, and I got some good, quality time with Jack. Also, Spencer can now empathize with me when I fly solo with babies - he forgot wipes on the airplane on the way to Utah (what a novice move!) and when he told me about it and how hard it was, I felt so bad for him but I also had a huge smirk on my face because VALIDATION and also the image of Spencer dipping a spare onesie in his water bottle to use to wipe sticky sucker remnants off of David's hands and face and off of Spencer's hands and clothes and off the plane window just had that effect on me :) GOOOO SPENCER!!! Flying solo with babies is survivable but probably the closest thing to hell on earth.
 IMG 0456
IMG 0455
By the time they got to the viewing the following day, David was a tired hot mess!
IMG 0453
My grandma and grandpa watched David while Spencer went to the funeral and I think this is one of my favorite pictures ever. You know what they say - if you don't post pics then it never happened so good thing my grandma has figured out this instagram thing ;)
Fullsizeoutput 1042c
Spencer said that the service was wonderful and he's sooooo glad that he was able to make it.
IMG 0440
I was a little nervous that Jack was going to be super sad when David and Spencer left, but it turns out, he loved being an only, spoiled child! We ate all of his favorite treats/foods, we went to the tractor museum, we tried out the science museum, we went to to dentist, rode the ridiculously expensive mall train, made "tree houses" and snuggled at home.
I learned this weekend that I really hate playing candy land with three-year-olds.
IMG 0457
Ice cream and a hamburger with nothing on it, not even the burger = a bun with burger grease = a dinner of champions. He had Little Caesars pizza for dessert.
IMG 0454
We barely survived when we left for the dentist the next morning.
IMG 0452
IMG 0451
IMG 0450
IMG 0449
Jack took on the mall with "ritos" in one hand and my parent's Christmas card picture in the other hand. hahaha
IMG 0436
IMG 0438
IMG 0437
Jack likes making "tree houses" and being a monkey like Curious George :)
IMG 0445
 IMG 0446
Spencer's birthday was on Saturday and Jack and I were sad to miss out on his birthday celebrations in Utah. (No birthday shout out for him here since he doesn't read my blog unless I shove it in his face! ;)
 IMG 0448
David met his cousins, Brooks and Eliza. I can't wait to meet them this summer!!!
 IMG 0444
I'm sure these boys are going to be thrilled about this picture when they get older! haha
IMG 0447
I loved this:
Fullsizeoutput 10435
Cute, tired boys on their way home
IMG 0439
... And finally reunited!!!
IMG 0435

No comments:

Post a Comment