3.25.2015

Things I'm Loving

  • This American Life podcast. I bought the app so I can listen to all of the past episodes and it is currently my motivation to do the dishes and keep running on the treadmill.
  • Jack, who's signed up for soccer!
 IMG 0360
  • Fire Station tour for playgroup! We took a tour of our local fire station and obviously, my boys loved it. Fun facts: our downtown fire station is the oldest fire station west of the Mississippi River - 114 years old! It also has boats for when there are harbor fires and boat fires on the river.
 IMG 0345
 IMG 0343
 IMG 0344
 IMG 0346
  •  WQPT's Imagination Station. Our local TV station put on THE COOLEST event that was FREE! We got to meet all of the PBS characters and the event was so well organized - each character had a room with their show playing on a big screen with activities and crafts and toys or books for us to take home that were all themed around their show. Jack was in heaven and David liked it a lot too! (If you don't want to see a bajillion pictures of my kids with every single PBS character, you should probably just ex out right now :)
 IMG 0359
IMG 0358
IMG 0356
IMG 0355
IMG 0354
IMG 0353
IMG 0352
IMG 0351
Curious George is Jack's favorite! That night, he said, "Mom, I miss monkey George. Please see him again!"
IMG 0357
Arthur is my favorite!!!!
 IMG 0350
IMG 0349
IMG 0348
IMG 0347
  • Our groundhog that lives under our house. Actually I don't like him and I think he's pretty gross but Jack loves him! When I found our groundhog hanging out on our front porch, I knew it was finally spring in Iowa, or at least on most days :) 
IMG 0407Our landlord put the trap back out and Jack spends a lot of time waiting and watching for it to get trapped.
 IMG 0406
The second David is done with breakfast or the second he wakes up from his nap, he begs and cries at the door to go "bye bye." Jack did the same thing at that age and that is when I decided to get a job at Lifetime - I was running out of places to take him! We will see what happens this time around but for now, we are just enjoying playing outside - we couldn't do that in our top story apartment in Alabama.
IMG 0405





















  • Airplane tickets to Arizona that cost a grand total of $8.26! When they canceled our flight home after Christmas, Jack and I both got a 100 dollar flight credit even though it felt like we deserved a million dollars in flight credit!!! We are excited that we can afford to visit again in June before heading to Utah, thanks to that horrific day at the airport!
Fullsizeoutput 10434
  • Jack's lawn mower. I can never thank my mom enough for giving it to him, they both love it! 
IMG 0363

  • Using McDonald's ice cream dates as a bribe to get Jack to cut his hair - hair cuts are pretty traumatic for him!
  • IMG 0361

    1 comment:

    1. I have to listen to This American Life to get through cleaning too! Once a week isn't cutting it, though. I may need to invest..

      ReplyDelete