6.22.2015

Summertime in Arizona

On June 4th, Jack and David and I boarded on an airplane at 9:15 pm and headed for Arizona!
 IMG 0168
I thought it was going to be a nightmare flight because it was so late at night but it went better than expected! David fell asleep less than an hour into the flight and Jack fell asleep as we descended - he asked me to hold his hand when we took off and landed :)
I played Minesweeper for half of the flight - I was addicted to this game in Jr. High :)
 Fullsizeoutput 1043b
The trickiest part was figuring out how to get off of the flight - I had three backpacks, one purse, a stroller, and two sleeping kids!
 IMG 0167
 IMG 0166
Our first day Gilbert was cooler than it was in Iowa - it poured! I know most AZ people were thrilled about the weather but I was afraid that I brought Iowa weather to Arizona - I wanted sunshine and heat!
 IMG 0165
My mom bought Bosa donuts for National Donut Day and they were are currently my favorite donuts ever! I have to add Bosa donut to my list of food I have to eat every time I visit Arizona, which is a huge burden because my AZ food list is reeeeeally long ;)
 IMG 0164
On Saturday, we hit up Freestone Park's train. One time, we witnessed a wedding and a proposal all in one train ride so now every time we go to Freestone Park we talk about how our current train ride is not as awesome as The Summer Train Ride of 2013 aka The Wedding and Proposal Train Ride.
IMG 0162
 IMG 0161
 IMG 0160
After Freestone Park, we showed up at Pizza Pie Cafe ready for all-you-can-eat-pizza at 10:45, 15 minutes before it opened. We killed time by seeing how many people we could fit into the front seat and by taking selfies.
 IMG 0159
Jack in his element - pizza is his favorite.
IMG 0158
Fire pit with Papa on Sunday.
IMG 0157
 IMG 0155
On Monday, I convinced Chelsie to go trail running with me and it was so fun! I took Arizona mountains for granted growing up - the desert is beautiful!
IMG 0154
 IMG 0153
 IMG 0152
We saw a rattlesnake so obviously, I needed to take a selfie with it.
 IMG 0151
I took Jack and Isaac to Sunsplash and Jack LOVED it, especially the tube rides! We went over and over and over again until my feet were raw from climbing the stairs and my arms were sore from carrying Jack and the tube up the stairs :)
IMG 0147
 IMG 0148
We got ice cream cones and bobas on the way home.
 IMG 0146
Heaven in a cup
 IMG 0145
This trip, I was able to get together with Elizabeth and Jacque, my roommates from my Freshman year at Utah State (almost 8 years ago!!!) It was so fun catching up with them - it had been way too long! I love these girls!
 IMG 0144
One morning, I did a track workout at Gilbert High and took a selfie because I have to make up for all of the selfies I didn't take while I was in high school since selfies weren't a thing yet ;)
 IMG 0137
We spent the rest of the week hanging out at my parent's house. Every morning, my mom took Jack and David on walks to feed the horses in the neighborhood while I went running and in the afternoon, she played with them while I took a nap (they never slept past 5:45 while we were there) - my mom is the best! We swam every day, played outside, hung out with family and friends, went on Polaris rides, and ate yummy food - we always have a great time in Arizona!
 IMG 0150
 IMG 0149
 IMG 0156
 IMG 0140
 IMG 0139
 IMG 0138
 IMG 0163
 IMG 0142
 IMG 0141
 IMG 0136

BFFs since 1994
 IMG 0143
               
My mom and David had matching crazy hair :)
IMG 0132
 IMG 0133
Jack and David were both jumping off the diving board by the end of the week. (I'm glad it was the end of the week because David was crazy up on the diving board!) I'm so proud of my crazy little swimmers :)

2 comments:

  1. Bosa is amazing! And I'm pretty sure that's my parents' yard with the horses haha not their horses, but the neighbors use their pasture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crazy! Hopefully they don't mind us feeding them carrots every once and a while!!!

      Delete