7.06.2015

4th of July and Things I'm Loving

We had a great Independence Day weekend! On Friday morning, we rode bikes to the library and park. That afternoon, we attempted to go to the zoo but it closed early so we ended up at the "tractor" mall in Moline. So epic ;)
 IMG 0048
 IMG 0049
 IMG 0047
On Saturday morning, we had a flag ceremony and breakfast at our church and in the afternoon, a backyard BBQ with friends. We are so grateful for our friends in Iowa!
 IMG 0044
 IMG 0043
 IMG 0042
I know this is extremely hard to believe, but I didn't even use pinterest to make these one-of-a-kind cookies. They were supposed to be patriotic but I think that they looked more like scary three-eyed birds and my mom thought that they looked more like melted snowmen :)
 IMG 0046
 IMG 0045
 One of our friends brought fireworks and all the kids LOVED it!
 IMG 0041
 IMG 0040
 IMG 0039
After everyone went home, we changed Jack and David into their pajamas and headed out to see fireworks over the Mississippi River. Right before I put Jack into the car, he threw up all over me. We tried to stay home but he threw a huge tantrum because he wanted to see the "big" fireworks that we had promised all day. So barf bowl in hand, we took our chances and luckily had a great barf-less time!
IMG 0038
The happiest sick kid I know :)
 IMG 0037
Jack threw up all that night, recovered all Sunday, and is thankfully back to his healthy self today!
I love Dennis Prager's American Trinity video - watch it, it's good!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other things I'm loving:
  • David's poor mosquito bitten eye is finally better. The poor guy has the WORST puffy and pussy reactions to mosquito bites. 
 IMG 0050
 IMG 0051
  • I loved this interview of Josie Thompson, who suffers from severe depression and bipolor, and just finished her third 444 Project in the Philippines. 
"I have come to learn that joy is real, even if you can't feel it in the moment... Even if I can't feel it, I know it's there because I look around me and I know my life is enveloped in blessings, and therefore I am then able to give light to others... I want people to realize that they do not need to be healed to help. No matter where you are in life, no matter what your situation is, you are in a position to serve and help others."
  • Summer reading at the library! Jack is really into it and wants to read all the time! Jack's favorite book right now is his snail book that Grandma Annie gave him for his third birthday - we have to read the note she wrote in the cover about her snails in the snow before we start :) David unfortunately found Brown Bear Brown Bear, which I had hid because I thought my brain would explode or shut down or melt if I ever had to read that darn book one more time but we are back at it again, at least 10 times a day. He can say every animal in the book now.
IMG 0052
  • Tractors outside of our front door. David held still for 30 minutes straight watching it, a personal record!
 IMG 0036
  • This article that made me laugh and cry. I am one year into my church calling that I really didn't want and it has ended up being my favorite calling ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment