7.29.2015

What's Up Wednesday



Fullsizeoutput 10f31
I'm linking up with Shay and Shaefer the last Wednesday of the month again for What's Up Wednesday!
What we're eating this week: 
Quinoa & black beans
Slow cooker massaman curry
Slow cooker creamy ranch porkchops
Hamburgers
King Ranch Casserole 
breakfast for dinner
What I'm reminiscing about:
David got a mosquito bite on his left eye this week and it had me reminiscing about the mosquito bite he had just two weeks ago on his right eye! This boy can't catch a break! Any suggestions for prevention/remedies?
This week:
 IMG 0014
Two weeks ago:


































What I'm loving:
These two boys and the stages of life they are in. I don't think there is anything I've wanted more than to be a mom and I feel so blessed that I get to be their momma and spend just about every waking moment with them. I'm living my dream and I thank God every day for that! (Seriouslysoblessed rant over ;)
IMG 0006
 IMG 0005
What we've been up to:
Rocket launching with neighbors:
 IMG 0015
Cake making/tasting:
 IMG 0007
Rice eating:
 IMG 0013
And burger eating: (David flung his spoon full of milkshake in Spencer's face :)
IMG 0008
Bike riding and snake finding:
 IMG 0003
and crane watching:
 IMG 0002
What I'm dreading:
I am dreading that my couches are most likely going to look like this for the next decade ;)
 IMG 0004
What I'm working on:
I'm working up the motivation to clean out my closet, our bedroom, the boys closet, and the basement. Not actually working on any of it, just working on getting motivated :)
What I'm excited about:
I PRed in the Bix 7 mile race this weekend by over 5 minutes with a time of 57:38! It is such a hard, hilly course and such a hot and humid time of year to race but it is my favorite race to date because the environment is SO FUN. There are about 20,000 participants each year (including the Junior Bix and Quick Bix) and there is just so much energy! People are cheering and music is blasting the entire course. I think I did so much better than last year because I am 18 months out from having a baby instead of 6, because of the track workouts that I've been doing, and because I took a running friend's advice and walked 10-20 strides as I reached the top of each hill to let my body recover a bit after the inclines. Spencer did awesome and ran a minute faster than last year!
Starting line selfie:
 IMG 0001
The view in front of us:
 IMG 0011
The view behind us:
 IMG 0010
Aerial view that I stole from the internet:
 IMG 9999
I have no idea why there is a race this huge in Davenport, Iowa but I'm not complaining!
The course is seriously no joke! There is no flat part at all and that hill at the beginning is a killer!
IMG 0012
 IMG 0009
What I'm watching/reading:
We finally finished Gilmore Girls and have moved on to Scandal and Duck Dynasty!
I read The Invention of Wings this month and LOVED it! I am glad I have book club and this silly blog post to keep me accountable because I usually don't make time for reading.
What I've been listening to:
The Tarzan Musical soundtrack is playing on repeat in our car and we all love it!
What I'm wearing: 
I really hate this one because I feel like I need to take an outfit selfie. Maybe I'll just tell you what I'm not wearing today as I type this (at 3:30 pm during David's nap) - I'm not wearing make-up and I'm not wearing a bra. I am wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I just really like taking breaks from real clothes while we're home in the afternoon.
What I'm doing this weekend:
Nothing too eventful. I'm hoping we'll make it to the farmer's market.
What I'm looking forward to next month:
Jack starting preschool! He's going to love it
Bonus Question: What will you miss most about summer?
Watermelon and swimming outside and being able to leave the house without putting socks and boots and coats and mittens and hats on two kids. 
What's up with you?!
IMG 1660

4 comments:

  1. How fun doing the rocket launching! Love Scandal & Duck Dynasty :) I'm getting ready to do a major closet cleanout at our house too so I totally understand what you mean about having to get ready!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Scandal too! I needed a new show to watch this summer and I binge watched all 4 seasons in 1.5 months. Can't wait for season 5. Have a great day!

    Jasmin
    www.jasminlovescoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. how precious are your little boys!? they look like best buddies.
    not sure if i have advice on the mosquito bites, but my younger sister used to swell up terribly from bites and reacted to them, and all I can tell you is lots of bug spray and avoiding the mosquito hours outside as much as possible. I will say that now at 20 I haven't seen her eyes swell shut, so hopefully it is something he grows out of as he gets bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on hitting your PR in the race! That's so exciting! Your boys are TOO precious. They make taking sofa cushions off look adorable.:)

    ReplyDelete