5.17.2016

Things I'm Loving


  • Disney World in THREE DAYS!!!! We can't wait!!!! (Jack and David love the countdown that we made :) (Please excuse the Halloween and Christmas jammies!)
IMG 2392
  • Our girl's trip to Chicago to celebrate Lisa's 30th birthday! Her husband bought the hotel room for her birthday and we had the best time! This was my first time without kids in Chicago and it was definitely a different/awesome experience! We ate and shopped our way through the Magnificent Mile and I went to sleep as the sun was rising. I haven't stayed up that late in a looooooong time! Chicago photo dump below :)
IMG 2448 


IMG 2454
Birthday cupcakes at Sprinkles!



IMG 2451
IMG 2472
IMG 2463
IMG 2457
Stroller free! Yay! haha
IMG 2466
The next morning, we went to the Bean, walked along the lake, grabbed a quick lunch, then headed back home. I am so grateful for all of my amazing friends in Iowa. I wouldn't survive living in the middle of America without them ;)
IMG 2474
IMG 2477
When I got home, David wanted NOTHING to do with me. He is the biggest daddy's boy and a weekend of fun with Spencer (swimming, basketball at the gym, and Chic-fil-a) just solidified it even more. When I got home, he wouldn't even look at me, let alone give me a hug, the little turd. Oh, well, I guess Spencer being awesome is a good problem to have ;) But I should have stayed in Chicago longer!!!
IMG 2482
  •  My crazy boys! I came downstairs the other day to this:
 IMG 2435
I'm not sure what Spencer was trying to do??? Get foot prints on our walls? Impress David??? Yes, to both. David wanted a turn next.
 IMG 2441
This is what Jack and David wore to the gym on Monday - a clip-on tie and a newborn sized beanie :)
 IMG 2486
Jack built a "snowman" in my break room at work :) He still calls me "Miss Annie" as soon as he gets to the pool area (even when we are alone) and it makes all of my co-workers laugh so hard! During his swim lesson, my other students have no clue that he's my son :)
IMG 2422
I feel like this picture perfectly sums up David - a basketball in one hand, a snack in the other, at hot mess full of hair, and watching his favorite show (Monster's Inc).
IMG 2419
  • Monday night date night to the one time showing of the Abolitionists, a documentary about a man's mission to end child sex trafficking around the world. I don't have the words to describe this movie - it was heartbreaking and horrible and sickening, yet hopeful and powerful and inspiring. I hope that more people can watch this movie and be inspired to help and make a difference. I was expecting to watch regular previews before the movie, but instead, there was a preview about Fight the New Drug and a series of clips about other people and organizations who are fighting to free children and adults from the sex slave trade. (Insert fist bump emoticon :)
IMG 2495

No comments:

Post a Comment