5.09.2016

Things I'm Loving

  • Spring in Iowa! I can't get over how gorgeous our bike trail is this time of year.
 IMG 2265
IMG 2268
  • Digging for worms! Jack is always excited about the cold, rainy days because it means the worms are out! 
IMG 2245
  •  Zoo trips! Our zoo membership expires this month and I don't think I'm going to renew this summer so we are trying to fit in as many trips as we can this May!
 IMG 2284
 IMG 2287
 David wanted to buy a pink giraffe to go with his pink turtle but I am a mean mom and said no :)
 IMG 2280
  •  Tuesday track workouts! I'm glad they started up again because these ladies make me run faster than I would by myself and they distract me when the workouts get hard. 
IMG 2277
  •  Sleeping babies! One night we found David asleep with a turtle stuffed animal tucked in his shirt :)
IMG 2269
  •  Camping! We went camping with friends this weekend and had a great time!
IMG 2293
IMG 2290
David was too excited to fall asleep!
IMG 2316
 IMG 2322
 We went on a little hike the next morning. It was so beautiful.


IMG 2333
 IMG 2327
 IMG 2342
 I love these ladies!
IMG 2341
When we got home from camping, we took naps then went to see the Jungle Book (the first movie we've attempted to see as a family). The movie was great, but we learned that David's still not ready to sit through a two hour movie. The first half, he SCREAMED the name of every animal he saw, and the second half, he sprinted up and down the aisles. You live and learn, I guess :)
IMG 2355
  • Mother's Day! I slept in until 9:30, woke up to a yummy breakfast, went to church, came home from church to made-from-scratch Indian food (because Spencer stayed home from church with sick Jack :/), FaceTimed our moms, went for a walk, and ate a yummy dessert. It was a great day!
  IMG 2366Jack and David gave me a Ninja blender! Somehow, Spencer and I have survived almost 6 years of marriage without a blender (we have a magic bullet though and use it almost every day) It was time. :)
IMG 2359
When we first moved to Iowa, Jack was two and David was five months. Due to our move and our full month we took to visit family, David had no routine - he still woke up three times in the night and didn't have an feeding or napping schedule. It was stressful and exhausting. We had neighbors next door who had two little boys that were two and four and I remember telling Spencer that I was so excited for that stage! We are now at that stage and I have to say, it's just as amazing as I thought it would be! I wish I could freeze time and keep my little two-year-old and four-year-old forever. This is the stage that I'm going to look back on and miss terribly. Slow down, Jack and David!

4 comments:

  1. 4 and 2 really is a fun stage. PS... we decided to stay in Utah for an extra week (because Texas in July 👎), so we should overlap. I'm really hoping we can get together because our boys need to be best friends so you'll move to Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! We will have to get together for sure!

      Delete
  2. 4 and 2 really is a fun stage. PS... we decided to stay in Utah for an extra week (because Texas in July 👎), so we should overlap. I'm really hoping we can get together because our boys need to be best friends so you'll move to Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the time you are spending outside! Its such a gorgeous time of year!

    ReplyDelete