5.31.2016

Disney World Day 1 - Magic Kingdom

On Sunday, we returned from the happiest place on earth! I have been saving, researching and planning (which was half the fun for me ;) dreaming, day dreaming, and talking nonstop about Disney World (sorry Spencer and friends!) for over a year now. Visiting Disney World was literally a dream come true and we had such a magical time!

So now I'm going to blog about it and share way too many pictures and details and multiple posts so if that's not your thing, come back in a week or so :)

Spencer came home from work a little early on Friday afternoon and we hit the road right away (a 20 hour drive!). We would have loved to fly, but driving made Disney so much more affordable for us and we are pretty used to super long drives through the night. We prefer the physical exhaustion of driving through the night peacefully with sleeping kids vs the mental exhaustion of stopping at a hotel half way and dragging out the misery for another day in the car with wide awake and whiny kids ;) Jack and David fell asleep for afternoon naps right as we left, then woke up for a few hours, then went to sleep for the night, and then when they woke up in the morning we only had a few hours left to go. Jack and David are good little road trippers! They've had a lot of practice! #thanksalotiowa
My mother-in-law was so sweet and sent us a package the day before we left with activities and treats for our car ride!
IMG 2519
Mickey Mouse, here we come!!!
IMG 2526
IMG 2542
 IMG 2550
We got to Disney World early in the afternoon. We had every intention of checking in early and taking naps before heading out to the Magic Kingdom but our hotel room wasn't ready until 4:30 and honestly, we were all too excited to take naps anyway! We hit our hotel pool first! My brother and sister-in-law, James and Maddie, bought these cute Paw Patrol hats for Jack and David and they loved them!
IMG 2552
 IMG 2557
IMG 2554
I somehow convinced my entire family to join us at Disney World and I'm so glad they came! We had a blast with them and it wouldn't have been the same without them!
After swimming, we showered, ate dinner, then headed to the Magic Kingdom for the evening.
Here they are on the bus with their cute Mickey outfits from my parents:
IMG 2570
We got there right as the Move It Shake It Dance Party started and it kind of felt like all of Disney was celebrating that I finally entered the Magic Kingdom ;) A party just for me! haha FYI My career goal is to be a parade dancer at Disney World - I don't need to be a princess - just let me skip and clap my hands and click my heals in a Disney parade and I'll be perfectly content ;) I pretended that I was a cast member in the dance party and hope I didn't embarrass my family too much with my obnoxious dancing ;) I was just reeeeeeally excited to be there!
IMG 2602
I had no idea how David would react to all of the characters but HE LOVED THEM!!! He would wave to them until his hand almost fell off and ask to give all of them hugs :)
IMG 2575
After the dance party, we headed over to meet Mickey! David was so excited to see him and had a really hard time waiting his turn to see him.
All the Wirthlins with Mickey!
MK TSTHEATERCCHAR 7693691992
We rode the train, used fast passes to ride Tomorrowland Speedway and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, and did a few other attractions in Tomorrowland before heading back to our hotel early so that we would be rested for Epcot the next morning!
 IMG 2585
 IMG 2584
I purchased the Memory Maker, which gave us the digital downloads to all of the ride photos and all of the pictures that cast members took of us throughout the parks, and it was the best purchase ever! We got over 700 pictures, videos, and "magic shots" and we always got everyone in the pictures.


MK BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE 7693753267
MK BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE 7693754518
MK BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE 7693753923

MK BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE 7693755861
 MK BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE 7693758780
Jack at the #INCREDIBLESSuperDanceParty with some obnoxious lady behind him trying to take a selfie with Mr. Incredible ;)
IMG 2597
Such a fun way to kick off to our week at Disney World!
IMG 2604
-------------------------
Day 2 & 3 - Epcot and Hollywood Studios -----------> here
Day 4 & 5 - Magic Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon -----------> here
Day 6 - more Magic Kingdom --------> here
Day 7 - Animal Kingdom ---------> here

No comments:

Post a Comment