6.20.2016

Chocolate covered cinnamon bears, ground hogs, and chew your freaking food!

Something amazing is happening - the more I express my love for chocolate covered cinnamon bears (that don't exist in the Quad Cities) the more my friends keep giving them to me! These ones came in the mail from Rachel! I seriously have the best friends ever!
IMG 3379
Our couches are torn apart the second Jack and David wake up in the morning. But they spend HOURS every day burying each other and making forts so I really can't complain. I remember doing the same exact thing as a kid :)
IMG 3332
 This is the real reason I take my kids swimming as much as I possibly can (poor Jack!):
IMG 3333
My two favorite times to stare at my kids in mother-googly-eyed-wonder are when they are asleep in their bed and from my rear view mirror in the car when we're driving. I can't believe Jack and David are mine! I'm so lucky!
IMG 3360
We tried bowling this week and it was a hit! (Kids bowl free all summer long at a local bowling alley and it was only $30 for unlimited bowling for me and Spencer! Wahoo!) I have a feeling we will be bowling quite a bit this summer.
IMG 3366
Our friends hooked us up with free tickets to the baseball game last week! Unfortunately, it only lasted for 20 minutes because we got rained out! Jack and David were dying to ride the ferris wheel and we got on just before the downpour! They were all smiles when we first got on and then it started POURING on us! I think the workers forgot about us because we were stuck on the top for a long time and Jack freaked out and sobbed and screamed as he got pelted with rain, and like the good parents we are, we laughed ;)
Before the rain on the ferris wheel:
IMG 3342
 IMG 3336
IMG 3340
After the rain:
 IMG 3347
It was in the high 80s/low 90s last week with 50 percent humidity and these two insisted on wearing their snow boots outside to play. Crazies!
IMG 3351
Hurray for corn on the cob season!!!
IMG 3396
Yesterday was our 6 year anniversary but we celebrated on Friday night with dinner and an improve show.
IMG 3384
Funny story time (Spencer says we are allowed to laugh at this story) We went to a fancier place for dinner and it was SO ROMANTIC! (Just kidding, it wasn't at. all. Side note before I even tell the story - how are dinners romantic? Am I missing out on something here?! I can not recall ever having a romantic dinner. When there is food in front of me, I just want to put. it. down. Not be romantic. End of side note.) So at dinner, Spencer somehow got a piece of steak stuck somewhere between his mouth and his stomach. He couldn't get the steak to go down or come up (but thankfully he could breath, he was just really uncomfortable). He didn't want to go to the bathroom by himself because we were afraid that the steak would partially come up and block his airway so he hocked, and gagged, and spit over and over again right at our table as I sweated profusely and tried not to make eye contact with anyone around us. Right as I was about to get up and force him into a bathroom stall with me so he could continue to hock and gag and work that steak up or down in a less stressful environment, the waiter came. And then the 100 pound manager came ready to give him the heimlich if she needed to (I would have liked to see that!) But then he threw up his piece of steak (plus more) partially onto his dinner plate and partially into his cloth napkin.

So for our 6 year anniversary, Spencer gifted me with the with knowledge of knowing that when my husband is in significant distress, I care more about what people think than his well being and am not empathetic at all. (When all was said and done, I asked him if that had ever happened before and he said it has happened lots of times. So then I yelled "then chew your freaking food!") I really didn't want to know this about myself!!! haha! I would like to think that if his airway was completely blocked, I would have reacted differently :) (But thankfully it wasn't blocked!!!)
I took this right after the waiter took his spit filled plate and barf filled napkin (they made him a new plate but I really just wanted to peace out after the whole event! ;) 6 years of marriage and WE STILL GOT IT BABY!!!
 IMG 3381
Yesterday we celebrated Father's Day. I am so lucky to have such an amazing dad, grandpa and husband! Jack and David sure love their daddy!
IMG 3410
Jack made this at church and we love it!
IMG 3397
Spencer and I are so cute (ha!) and accidentally matched yesterday - white shorts and Aggie shirts!
 IMG 3407
Fun fact: our vacant groundhog hole underneath our house is no longer vacant. I discovered this last week when I opened my front door to go get the mail and a groundhog was standing on our porch on its' hind legs! It scared living daylights out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment