8.02.2016

Things I'm Loving

  •  The fact that Spencer took Jack and David to the gym tonight. (I am sitting here blogging on the couch in complete silence at 6 pm :)
  • The River Bandits baseball game! We had seats right next to the corn ;) #onlyiniowa
IMG 4342
 IMG 4344
 David wanted to ride the ferris wheel and Jack didn't (he was still scarred from the last time we went and got stuck on it in the pouring rain!) so I took David and Spencer and Jack stayed behind.
I don't know how this boy got so big!
IMG 4352
 Not a bad view from the ferris wheel.
IMG 4357
 IMG 4360
  •  David's first birthday party without Jack. He was so excited and kept telling Jack over and over that he couldn't go to the party with him because he was too big :)
IMG 4369
 Jack was fine about it until we dropped David off and he saw all of the cool decorations - he felt better after an ice cream date :)
IMG 4370
  •  The Bix7 (seven mile) race this Saturday. This was my third time racing and I PRed with a time of 57:16. It is such a huge race and every year I can't believe that people come from all over the world to race in Davenport, IA :) I stole these pics from the internet to give you an idea of the crowds. I think over 10,000 people participate each year and it's shoulder to shoulder racing for the first mile of the race.
IMG 4477
 IMG 4479
 IMG 4480
 Each year it's hilly and hot and humid but I always have so much fun because there is so much energy and excitement and people. I was bummed Spencer didn't race this year because of his plantar fasciitis but I was happy to see these guys cheering for me at the finish line :)
IMG 0334
#instagramhusband ;)

IMG 4455
 IMG 0341
  • Post race food! BBQ pork Nachos and a Swiss Almond Chocolate malt (my second favorite ice cream in the world) from Whitey's with a baby spoon so it lasts longer :)
IMG 4496
 IMG 4497
  • This quote from our ward bulletin from here
IMG 4508
  •  I did not love the possum that got caught in our groundhog trap but Jack and David did :/
 IMG 4503
  •  I liked this cute deer family a lot better :) 
 IMG 4523
  • Harry Potter's birthday, this Harry Potter Snapchat filter, and the new HP book that I can't wait to get my hands on!  
IMG 4505
  • My favorite quotes from Jack and David this week:
Jack: "When all the people die, will the dinosaurs come back?"

David, as we drove by a tractor digging dirt: "Mom, is that tractor digging for worms?"

And Jack, after explaining to Jack how proud I was of him for not hitting David back after David slugged him: "Mom, there is nothing David could do to make me stop loving him!"


No comments:

Post a Comment