8.24.2016

What's Up Wednesday

Fullsizeoutput 10f31
I’m linking up with ShayShaefer and Mel again the last Wednesday of the month for What’s Up Wednesday!
What we're eating this week: 
We are winging it this week!!!
What I'm reminiscing about:
Me, Jack and David's trip to Arizona to visit my family last week! Full AZ post ----> here
IMG 5624
What I'm loving:
These chocolate chip cookies:
IMG 4651
I posted my cousin's chocolate chip cookie recipe about a year and a half ago but since it is the best chocolate chip recipe in the world, I thought it would be okay if I posted it here twice :) We can't stop eating them!
 photo IMG_4597_zpsd72o2nyq.jpg
What we've been up to
It's always hard for us to get back into the groove of things after being on vacation. (I guess it's already been a week and a half but still... haha) Jack yelled at me from upstairs the other day and said that there was something wrong with David. This is what I came downstairs to:
IMG 5103
He had just fell asleep in the weirdest position watching Jack playing the Ipad :) I turned him over but he was still passed out!
IMG 5104
I also taught my kids a fun game called "stand on mom's back". Closest thing I can get to a massage :)
IMG 4859
This kid loves baseball, and Spencer surprised Jack and David with a new bat when we got home from Arizona :)
 IMG 5650
It was the Rib Fest this last weekend, and it's Spencer's favorite event of the year! haha We got ribs to go this year because it was so hot and muggy and tried ribs from Texax, Arkansas, and South Carolina. We couldn't decide what our favorite was this year; they were all good!
IMG 5708
Jack's is on a "scorpion kick" after hunting and killing 62 scorpions in my parent's backyard with my dad! He sleeps with a scorpion beanie baby that my mom sent home with him and chose a scorpion book at the library last week:)
IMG 5663
He loves them, and I'm like:
 IMG 5682
What I'm excited about:
I'm excited for Jack who started four-year-old preschool this week. He loves school and couldn't wait to start school again!
IMG 5676
His new snake backpack with his Squirt key chain from Disney World is just so... Jack :) He loves it.
IMG 5691
Jack's preschool this year is three days a week for 4 hours (while last year was just two days a week for 2 hours.) I'm didn't realize how much I relied on Jack to entertain David until I was left alone with my terrible two for four hours straight ;) Without Jack, David gets into trouble - on Friday it was shaving cream and painting with blue tooth paste!
IMG 5697
What I'm dreading:
What I'm dreading is already over. Spencer got tickets from work for the John Deere Classic golf tournament for the second year in a row and dragged me along again in the muggy heat. I guess I just have no appreciation for golf and I die of boredom and you have to whisper and clap reverently and golf is just the worst ;) Here's a picture of me pretending to have fun. Next year, I'm refusing to go with him ;)
IMG 5112
IMG 5114
What I'm working on:
Nothing that I can think of :/
What I'm watching/reading:
Breaking Bad!
The books I read this month were all very different, but I liked them all! Me Before You was my favorite of the three. Now I want to watch the movie!
IMG 5657
 IMG 5655
 IMG 5656
What I've been listening to:
We are still on a Junie B. Jones books on tape kick over here :) I love her and I love that my kids love her too!
What I'm wearing: 
These are the most comfortable booties ever! I bought them in black last year and my mom is getting me the taupe color for my birthday!
IMG 5685

What I'm doing this weekend: 
???
What I'm looking forward to next month:
My birthday and cooler weather!
 photo WUWquestions_zpszasaseyl.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment