9.28.2016

What's Up Wednesday

Fullsizeoutput 10f31
I’m linking up with ShayShaefer and Mel again the last Wednesday of the month for What’s Up Wednesday!
What we're eating this week: 
I have no clue. I've been horrible at meal planning this last month and we have gone out to eat way too many times! Hopefully I'll do better in October!
What I'm reminiscing about:
This sunset the other day. I feel like we don't get that many gorgeous sunsets in Iowa but this one was amazing.
IMG 6022
What I'm loving:
David is on a major super hero kick and was so excited to get the super suits out! I'm planning to buy a bunch of super hero costumes on clearance after Halloween for David's Christmas gifts.
IMG 5962
IMG 5964
What we've been up to
Our local zoo has free admission the last few weeks of September and all of October during the weekdays and so we have been hitting up the zoo as much as possible. It really isn't the most exciting zoo but Jack and David LOVE IT! It is their favorite place to go :) Last week a bunch of friends all went to the zoo with Elizabeth before she moved and it was so much fun!
IMG 5977
What I'm excited about:
All of the fall things! We got our Halloween decorations out this week and Jack and David were so excited. The Frankenstein and the countdown calendar are my favorites. 
 IMG 6035
IMG 6036
What I'm dreading:
Deep cleaning the upstairs.
What I'm working on:
I am working on renewing my teaching license this upcoming summer and so I have to take a bunch of online professional development classes. The class I am taking right now is drawing (how that will help me be a better elementary school teacher I have no clue) and I really stink at it and it is not enjoyable to me at all!! Most of my drawings stink but I thought this once was decent so I'll show you :)
IMG 6043
What I'm watching/reading:
We finished watching Breaking Bad and I'm so glad it's over! I don't know how I expected the series to end but I hated the ending and overall, while the story line was entertaining, well written, and kept us wanting to watch more, I wouldn't recommend it. I don't like watching somebody slowly destroy their life!
However, I loved the books I read this month!
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child! I know a lot of people didn't like it, but I went into it with low expectations and didn't expect it to be like the books and I really enjoyed it!
IMG 5896
This is my favorite book I've read this year! It is so real and honest and I just love her story. Spencer read it too and loved it. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!!
IMG 6038
What I've been listening to:
Just the radio :)

What I'm wearing: 
It's finally cooling down this week but it has been hot for Iowa this September. I've been wearing this dress that my mom gave me from WALMART. I love it!
 IMG 5834
What I'm doing this weekend: 
Hanging out and watching General Conference
What I'm looking forward to next month:
All of the Halloween things!
Bonus Question: What is your favorite Fall recipe?
 Ham and Cheese Soup:
4 medium potatoes
1 cup celery
1 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup diced onion
3 cups water
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups milk
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups cubed ham

Cook potatoes, celery, and carrots in 3 cups water in a pan. In another pan, add butter and flour at a low temperature. Add milk, salt and pepper. Stir constantly over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Let it boil for 1 minute. Stir in cheese until it melts. Then, add vegetables and ham. Heat, but do not boil. Serve immediately.


Other fall staples that I love:
This cornbread 
This pumpkin bread
This chicken pot pie
 photo WUWquestions_zpszasaseyl.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment