12.14.2016

Life lately

The temperatures have been frigid this week (the HIGH this Sunday is supposed to be NEGATIVE 5!! Whaaaaahhh!) so I have had little motivation to leave the house. Here are the few things we’ve been up to when we actually left the house this week:
Last Thursday, Jack had his preschool Christmas service and it was so sweet. Sadly, this is the best picture I got of him.
IMG 8417
David fell asleep as the service was ending at around 6:15 pm and slept until morning. My boy was tired!
IMG 8387
On Saturday, we went on a date to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It obviously was not as good as Harry Potter, but it was still a fun movie!
IMG 8402
Jack had his five-year-old check up this week. I always lose these dang percentile stickers so I’m just going to post a picture of it on my blog for posterity and stuff.
IMG 8411
And then they both got flu shots. They were traumatized :(
IMG 8414
IMG 8415
On Monday we had our annual “Jammie Cocoa Christmas.” We’ve always loved driving around looking at Christmas lights, but I got the “Jammie Cocoa Christmas” idea a few years ago from one of my favorite bloggers, and I have to say, Jack and David get way more excited about it just because it is called "Jammie Cocoa Christmas” and because they get to wear their jammies and drink hot cocoa in the car :) Here we are about to take off!!!
IMG 8426
And here we are two seconds later… #jammiecocoachristmasfail!!! I’m not quite sure how he pulled off a spill as bad as this, but thankfully the "hot cocoa" was pretty cool! Spencer ran back to the house to get stuff to clean him up and I was a great mom and just took a picture of him ;)
IMG 8427
Once we got David cleaned up, we finally left to look at Christmas lights. In one of the neighborhoods, we spotted a random Santa sitting on his porch with a bag of candy canes! There were no cars or people around, so we are thinking it must be the real Santa :) Only the real Santa would hang out on his porch in 15 degree weather just for fun! Jack and David were so excited!
IMG 8435
Yesterday, I gave them the choice to go to the Family Museum, John Deere Pavilion, or swimming and they went for the Family Museum. I can’t believe Jack will be in all day Kindergarten in just 9 short months. We’ve got to make these months count!
IMG 8440
Favorite quotes this month:
  •  “It’s my birthday today!” said David to the ultra sound tech. (His birthday is not for another month :)
  • David to Jack, “I’m not mad at you, I’m just angry at you."
  • Jack to me while driving in the car, “I was tired but then “Bavidad” came on (Feliz Navidad) and it made me smile the biggest smile!"
  • When the doctor asked Jack what he should do if he ever found a gun at his friend’s house, David screamed, “SHOOT ALL THE BAD GUYS!!!!"
  • David talking about Darth Vader’s breathing, “Ya well I don’t like Dark Bader’s snore."

1 comment:

  1. Jack's response about guns!!!! Bahahahaha!!!! What did the doctor say?!?

    ReplyDelete