9.27.2017

What's Up Wednesday


Fullsizeoutput 10f31
Today, I’m linking up with ShayShaefer and Mel for What’s Up Wednesday!
What we've been eating: 
Same old stuff but my favorite thing I've been eating is my friend, Katie's, knock off Swig/Soda Run coconut lime cookies. She adds fresh lime juice and lime zest to the frosting and they are TO DIE FOR!
IMG 6193
 Fullsizeoutput f04d
What I'm reminiscing about:
Yesterday's reverse bucket list post had me reminiscing about all sorts of things!
What I'm loving: 
  • This meme that my friend sent me! #sotrue
IMG 6293
  • This meme that is also SO TRUE! hahaha
  Fullsizeoutput ef2d
  • And in honor of addiction recovery month, the third step prayer. You don't have to be an addict to benefit from the 12 steps and working them truly changed me. I think most people are familiar with the serenity prayer, but I love the 3rd step prayer just as much :)
 Fullsizeoutput ee8d
What we've been up to:
  • Playing with friends! Jack is in a kindergarten play group and the mom's rotate taking all of these cute and wild boys home from school every Tuesday to eat lunch together and to play :)
 Fullsizeoutput efbe
  • Swimming! I think we went on our last outdoor swim of the season on Friday night because it's finally getting too chilly! Kate loved it anyway. Quite milestone update - she's 5 months, army crawling, super busy, super happy, and has one tooth! We love her!
Fullsizeoutput f04e
  • Visiting the Natural History Museum in Mesa. We found the dinosaurs in Arizona :) Admission was free on Saturday so we decided to check it out, and it was better than I expected it to be! We might just have to get a membership because Jack LOVED IT of course.
Fullsizeoutput f055
Fullsizeoutput f05b
panning for gold
 Fullsizeoutput f059
 Fullsizeoutput f061
  • Washing and organizing sea shells. Jack accidentally left his shells and sand dollars in California and he was DEVASTATED. James and Maddie are so nice and mailed them to him so he has been organizing them, cleaning them, and collecting more shells on our canal.
IMG 6189
  • Running/biking OUTSIDE. The weather cooling down, having a friend to run with, and these gorgeous views has helped me to start to like running again.
Fullsizeoutput ef18
 Fullsizeoutput efbf
 IMG 6133
What I'm working on:
Getting packed and ready to go on our trip to Utah! 
What I'm dreading:
The 12 hour drive with an infant! (At least it's not a 19 hour drive anymore!)
What I'm excited about:
Cooler weather! It's been in the 50s and low 60s in the mornings this week and we have enjoyed playing outside and walking Jack to school!
 Fullsizeoutput f06a
 Fullsizeoutput efde
 Fullsizeoutput f072
 IMG 6311
Jack and David loved this park so much because there were so many fish. They insisted we go back in the evening with the fish net and Jack caught so many fish! It was hilarious and he had quite a group of people watching him. He LOVED showing off! haha
 Fullsizeoutput f097
 IMG 6326
What I'm watching:
Grey's Anatomy
What I'm reading:
Still nothing since I had Kate #readingfail
What I've been listening to:
I've been liking the Bold New Mom podcast lately
What I'm wearing: 
Still summer clothes because that's what you do in Arizona :)
What I'm doing this weekend: 
Our family is doing the Walk to Defeat ALS in honor of my mother-in-law who is suffering from ALS. You can join us or donate to the cause --------> here!
What I'm looking forward to next month:
Spending time with family in Utah, two weeks off of school for fall break, and all of the Halloween things!

No comments:

Post a Comment