10.10.2017

Day in the Life: September 26

Today, I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for Show and Tell Tuesday for "A Day in the Life". I love going back and reading day in the life posts and realized I haven't done one since Kate was born! I knew things would be crazy the beginning of October with fall break so I documented Tuesday, September 26th. I went with a Tuesday because it is one of our most "routine" days. 

5:07 am - woke up and pumped (nursing and Spencer needing to leave at work by 6:30 is killing me when it comes to exercising in the morning. I try to exercise before Spencer leaves for work 2 or 3 times a week.)
Fullsizeoutput f073
5:40 am - biked the canals
Fullsizeoutput f09f
6:30 - got home and Spencer left for work. I told him to take a selfie with me for my "day in the life" post. He asked me what a "day in the life" post was and I told him if he ever read my blog he would know ;) I also told him that I post really embarrassing things about him on my blog and that still didn't motivate him to look at my blog ;)
Fullsizeoutput f0a0
6:30-6:45 I had 15 minutes of quite time to myself, which rarely happens. I read the devotional of the day in "Jesus Calling" and read a chapter of the book, Fifth Way: A Western Journey to the Hebrew Heart of Jesus. (I am loving it!)
Fullsizeoutput f0a3
6:45 Jack woke up, then Kate 15 minutes later, and then David 15 minutes after that. I fed Kate and got Jack ready for school.
If I'm awake before Jack wakes up, he always tries to scare me when he wakes up "because it's Halloween time." :)
Fullsizeoutput f0a4
IMG 6357
David always likes to show off his cross eyes ;)
Fullsizeoutput f0a6
7:30 - we walked Jack to school! We are loving the cooler weather in the mornings! I usually drive to school on Tuesdays because I have to take David to preschool too, but it was canceled this week and David and I were equally depressed about it.
I love everything about this picture! #halloweensneakpeak
Fullsizeoutput f0b1
After we dropped Jack off, David told me to run home and not walk :) I only agreed because Kate was falling asleep and I didn't want her to nap yet!
Fullsizeoutput f0bb
The cute boy behind the mask :)
Fullsizeoutput f0bc
8:15-9:45 - we went to the park behind our house and met new friends! We didn't know that there were so many kids in our neighborhood but they are all coming out now that the weather is cooling down!
Fullsizeoutput f0c0
10 am - we went inside and I fed Kate and put her down for a nap. I showered, got ready for the day, ate lunch, and got started on our mess of a house that I neglected the day before. (Insert wide eyed face emoji)
David watched a Leap Frog DVD that his preschool teacher gave him. #tvandpreschoolarebasicallythesamething
Fullsizeoutput f0a1
I had my favorite Chinese chicken salad for lunch (Recipe  ------ > here)
Fullsizeoutput f0c2
11:45 - Kate woke up, I nursed her, then she helped me mop the floors and finish cleaning the kitchen and living room ;) David played with play dough, helped me clean, and played the Ipad.
Fullsizeoutput f0c3
Fullsizeoutput f0ce
Fullsizeoutput f0d3
Fullsizeoutput f0cd
2 pm - We went to pick up Jack from his Kindergarten playgroup. (He gets out of school at 11:30 but on Tuesdays we take turns taking a group of boys home from school to play for a few hours.)
Fullsizeoutput f0d5
When we got home, our neighbor, Saige, was finally available to come over and play. David had been waiting all day for her! He loves playing "family" with her :)
Fullsizeoutput f0de
3:30 pm - I fed Kate, then we went to the rec center for Jack and David's basketball skills class.
Fullsizeoutput f0ea
5 pm - We got home from basketball and invited Saige and her brother Madden to come over for pizza. (Spencer came home from work the other day with 4 boxes of pizza which was enough to feed our kids for a week ;)
Fullsizeoutput f0ed
I had Chinese chicken salad again for dinner then I nursed Kate.
Fullsizeoutput f0ec
6 pm - Spencer usually gets home around 6 but he had a late meeting so I had to kill another hour and a half until Spencer got home. We headed to Discovery Park to show Saige and Madden how to catch fish! (This was our 3rd time going to this park in 24 hours haha) Jack LOVES catching the fish with his net!
 Fullsizeoutput f0f2
 Arizona sunsets, man!!!
 Fullsizeoutput f0fb
 This boy loves to catch fish!
 IMG 6470
 IMG 6476
 7 - 7:30 pm - we got home and I bathed the kids. Then I hit a wall and sat on the couch until Spencer came home. After I took this selfie I realized that I had been wearing David's scorpion necklace for half of the day after he asked me to hold it for him. #momlife
Fullsizeoutput f102
7:30 Spencer finally got home! For only 20 minutes though :( He played with the kids and helped get them get ready for bed then headed to another meeting at 8.
Fullsizeoutput f104
8 pm - I fed Kate and got all the kids to bed by 8:15. Then I made a healthy snack and blogged.
 Fullsizeoutput f105
8:45 - my amazing neighbor and friend noticed that Spencer's car was gone so she delivered ice cream to me and hung out with me for a bit. She's the best!!! So much for my healthy snack ;)
 IMG 6510
9:15 Spencer came home and we hung out before going to bed around 10:30
---------------------
And that's a day in our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment