10.19.2017

Fall Break Part 2

We left early last Sunday morning and got to Arizona around dinner time. James, Maddie, and Calvin were at our house waiting for us! (They came the day before we got home because were going to the Diamondbacks playoff game on Monday) Do I count as a Diamondback fan if the #1 reason I love the Dbacks is that they motivate my brother and his family to come to AZ? ;) We spent all day Sunday night and all day Monday hanging out with them, then they left early Tuesday morning. Sadly the Dbacks lost :( Since I missed my parents in AZ by 6 months, they are the closest I've ever lived to family and it's so awesome being less than a days drive from them!
Fullsizeoutput f2e8
Isn't he the cutest?!
Fullsizeoutput f31d
Fullsizeoutput f2fd
Fullsizeoutput f2fe
We had to show them how to fish at Discovery Park, of course. It's our new favorite past time ;)
 Fullsizeoutput f2fc
Fullsizeoutput f2f9
Fullsizeoutput f2fa
And we tried Mucha Lucha Taco shop. Maddie had read that their tacos were ranked in the top ten in the nation (who ranked them I couldn't tell you! ha) and they were so good! It's located less than a mile from our house so we are in trouble! haha
I'm loving that David has been wearing his helmet everywhere he goes! 
Fullsizeoutput f2f7
Spencer bought Jack and David bikes while we were in Utah. We had been putting off getting them bikes because it was too cold in Iowa, then too hot in Arizona, plus Jack never seemed interested! The first week David was obsessed with riding his bike and Jack wanted nothing to do with it. Jack is finally getting the hang of it and enjoying it more and it's so funny listening to David encourage his older brother. "Jack! You're getting the hang of it! Good job!" Love those boys :)
Fullsizeoutput f2e2
Jack's excuse on this day for not riding his bike was that if he rode his bike, then the bunny wouldn't be able to go with us ;)
Fullsizeoutput f327
On Tuesday, we went to Vertuccio Farms with friends. October Break + Toddler Tuesdays = INSANITY. Luckily, we got there early enough that they were able to do everything!
Fullsizeoutput f311
Fullsizeoutput f30b
Look at that gorgeous Arizona sky!!!!
Fullsizeoutput f30e
Side note: I started running with my friend, Alicia, every Wednesday morning. (She motivates me to get up ridiculously early when I'm tired and don't want to run by myself in the dark.) We always run through the Riparian Preserve and it's gorgeous!
Fullsizeoutput f315
After my run, I took the kids to a park and splash pad with a friend. Here they are at 9:30 am during "fall" break. I forget how HOT it is in Arizona in October!
Fullsizeoutput f318
Fullsizeoutput f31b
Fullsizeoutput f317
On Thursday we went to the zoo with a friend. (My parents gave us POGO passes as an early Christmas gift and I'm so excited!) Our favorite part was feeding the sting rays!
Fullsizeoutput f322
Fullsizeoutput f323
Fullsizeoutput f321
On Friday we took a breather and stayed home so I could finally unpack from Sunday! When Spencer got home we went swimming at Lifetime Fitness and went to Mucha Lucha again :)
On Saturday, Spencer and I went out on a sushi date. FYI: Temari in Gilbert has my favorite roll I've ever had- jalepeno apple. Sounds weird, looks weird, but it's seriously the BEST!
 Fullsizeoutput f32b
On Sunday, we went to church, with a walk at the Riparian in the morning and a walk/bike ride/fishing trip at Discovery Park in the evening. It's still so dang hot during the day but we try to take advantage of the amazing morning and evening weather!
Fullsizeoutput f32f
Fullsizeoutput f342
Fullsizeoutput f344
Fullsizeoutput f34c
Fullsizeoutput f351
Fullsizeoutput f355
IMG 7214
I LOVE the John Deere blanket that my grandma made for Kate. It will help her remember the 14 days she lived in Iowa near John Deere headquarters :)
Fullsizeoutput f32a
Kate also started eating solids last week. Feeding baby food to babies is my least favorite activity.
Fullsizeoutput f320
We had a great Fall Break and now I am ready to get back into the swing of things again.
----------------
Two random things:
I am enjoying all of the GIRL things after having two boys. I couldn't help but dress Kate up at Old Navy the other day :)
Fullsizeoutput f140
Mother-of-the-year story: David found my pepper spray that I sometimes run with (I had no idea where it was after moving to Arizona) and sprayed it all over our kitchen. I freaked out, but we got out of the kitchen and everything seemed fine... until David rubbed his face. It was pretty traumatic for all of us!

'Fullsizeoutput f141

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever considered Baby Led Weaning? We totally skipped baby food with Daniel and went straight to soft solids. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete