1.24.2018

Life lately

This weekend, my friend Alicia got married! She was my friend from high school and my roommate at Utah State my freshman year. Since moving back to Arizona, I have gone running with her once a week and there's no one else I would rather hang out with at 5 am!!! ;) Last week was our last run together because she is moving to north east Mesa (too far to drive to for a weekday morning run!) I will miss our morning runs together! Our friend Julie came to town from Kansas for the wedding and joined us!

I went to Alicia's bachelorette party and it was the naughtiest bachelorette party I've ever been to. hahaha

Her sealing and reception was the next day and it was all so beautiful. I missed most of my Arizona friend's weddings when I lived in Utah and Alabama so I'm glad Alicia waited so long to get married so that I could finally make it to one ;)

 
I have some pretty awesome high school friends. The older we get, the more I love them :)


 After the reception, a few of my friends and their spouses were still hanging around so we ended up having a spur-of-the-moment after party at our house.

 A new Soda Rush location opened up in Gilbert and all of their cookies, drinks, ice cream, and cotton candy were a dollar for their grand opening. We bought ALL OF THE COOKIE FLAVORS! Spencer didn't come because he is on a diet and also because he was putting together my NEW-TO-ME TREADMILL!

 The treadmill I really want is about $2,000 but I settled for a used one that is not even close to that price :) I couldn't pass up the deal and it will be nice to use when it's too dark to run in the morning during the winter and when it is too hot to run in the later morning during the summer. The boys have had fun on it too.

I didn't know that Jack took these pictures of Kate until I saw them on my phone and I love them. She's on my hip all day long but I never get to see her cute face when I'm carrying her.




Kate is nine months now and so close to walking, the crazy girl! Her favorite activities are squatting, eating scraps off the ground, and downward dog ;) My favorite thing to do is watch her crawl around in a dress at church. I didn't realize how impractical dresses are for baby girls, but those dresses really trip her up and she ends up doing a gorilla crawl or just quits and rests in downward dog! haha During church, Jack saw Kate smiling and laughing and said, "Mom, I think she's really feeling Jesus!" Man, I love that boy! haha





Shay Shull, one of my favorite bloggers at Mix and Match Mama recently said, "For those of you mamas out there with little bitty babies…and you think your life is always going to be feeding/changing/burping/spit up/never getting out of your sweats/always tired…please kiss those babies right now BECAUSE THEY DON’T KEEP!"
I chaperoned a field trip for David's preschool at the Phoenix Children's Museum - museums are really not my favorite, especially when I'm in charge of multiple kids and an infant, but David (and Kate!) had a great time!
The baby zones were awesome!


Our trampoline is the best thing that ever happened to ME! Our backyard is pretty tiny but with our trampoline outside now, Jack and David play outside for hours! I love Arizona winters!

We've had a trail at every place we have ever lived and each one has a special place in my heart. I'm already loving our "Arizona" trail. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment