2.12.2018

Things I'm Loving

  •  Fresh picked citrus!!! We got to go to a friends house from church and pick all of the oranges, lemons and grapefruit that we wanted! Jack and David had so much fun picking fruit, playing on the swing set, petting their dog and cow, and trying out the tree house and zip line. 
EF69A006 69BA 490E 84BF 74C13FF0B3BC
#awkwardfamilyphoto
ADCE9586 E880 4E01 9C0C 481C77EB9C99
2D36B538 C7DA 4F43 8BE5 8A0D39D83639
I used to play irrigation football with friends in the same yard :) (I was friends with their son, Chantry, in high school) I had no idea how much I would enjoy raising my kids in my old stomping ground in Gilbert :) It's the best!
And then Chantry and his family stopped by!!! It was so good to catch up with him! I had such great friends in high school, but I obviously don't keep up with my guy friends as much as girl friends so it's always fun to see them!
49F835DB F148 4A87 A617 3E767BC90630
We made fresh squeezed orange juice when we got home!!! (Jack and David didn't end up liking it because they are CRAZY and like the store bought kind better, dang it) But it was soooo delicious!
 E04AE650 73DD 40C1 BB4F 8FCDB41BA3A2
  •  Our little neighborhood with so many kids! Yesterday we had a little spontaneous flag football game with all of the little neighbor boys and it was so cute! And our next door neighbors are Jack and David's built-in entertainment. I know I've said this before, but I couldn't have dreamed of a better little rental house for us. We love it. 
60A41611 9AB9 4CBD 8B7B C7E8294E62AB
 Kate was the happiest little cheerleader playing in her car :)
553B02F0 2FFC 4837 AEB7 BFA9E02335BC
43424CA2 2D73 4DE6 80B9 69C9E0556700

 020E118F 7850 4BF5 B4EB 73B4CF8DA12B
  • Spencer, who's been leaving for work at about 6:15 in the morning ever since starting his job in Arizona, bless his heart! He usually makes himself a hot breakfast at 5:45 in the morning. (Like mother like son!) Spencer's mom used to wake up at 4:45 in the morning to make a hot breakfast for Dave, then take the kids on their morning paper route, then come home and make another hot breakfast and get the kids to school. Spencer said he won't be like his mom until he masters the morning paper route too! haha 
FA1A02A0 FC10 43CF 98AA A8703CA2C53D
And I would just like to take a moment to defend myself as to why I don't make him his breakfast or lunch (and now a lot of dinners too) haha! He is SO DANG PICKY/DIETY about what he chooses to eat and how he chooses to eat it and when he eats it so I gave up. Seriously, the other day I offered to make him scrambled eggs and he gave me FOUR specific instructions on how to make them (FOUR! For scrambled eggs!) and then just told me he wanted to do it himself. It's not his love language, thank goodness so he can fend for himself, especially at 5:45 in the morning! haha!
  • These pictures of my mom when she was a little girl! Isn't she adorable!? 
I love the lighting, the dress, and the way she is looking at her birthday cake :)
 Fullsizeoutput 111f4


I'm so happy that we have that little carriage in Kate's room! (That's my aunt in the carriage!)
Fullsizeoutput 111f5
  •  Going to Lifetime Fitness and NOT working out! haha I was planning on teaching swimming lessons but my lesson canceled and the boys were sad that they were going to miss Karate (they do free classes for kids too! It's awesome!) So I took them anyway and dropped Kate off too. I worked on my blog and Spencer got home from work a little early and took a nap. Blogging and napping - the perfect use of gym daycare!!!
43A96668 C4BD 47FC A09C DC044BB6DEB3
  • Spencer on social media!!! I can't remember if I mentioned that on my blog yet or not but yesterday he asked to take a selfie with me for an Instagram post (he's NEVER asked to take a picture with me like, EVER) and I was like, "Who are you?!!!"
 Fullsizeoutput 111cb
  • Winter walks, park trips, and sunsets! 
Fullsizeoutput 111d8
 Fullsizeoutput 111d9
 B7239D73 7CEA 4DCE A1F3 BBB3D6CB0B9B
 FAEA4B42 22D1 46FE 93E8 8967B674F0FA
  •  Jack's field day! I actually missed it because I was at home with David and Kate but Spencer came home from work early to go cheer for Jack. Spencer said that when Jack saw him he was soooo excited and said, "Dad, I just knew you would come!!!" (He also had about a pound of rocks in his pocket that he wanted Spencer to hold for him! haha That boy loves rocks!!!) When he came home I asked him how his field day was and he said, "Mom! It was such a BLAST! I got second place in the softball throw and I really wasn't 'specting that!" Love that boy!
 50167620 B24E 4EE1 A2E0 49CD3E7B3D4B
  •  This picture of sweet Kate :)
7D365E22 D36E 45EB A68B 3843019CEF3D
  • Funny things Jack and David said in the last week or so:
David, watching Jack at basketball practice - "Mom, Jack's the greatest."

A couple of basketball practices ago, the kids were being rowdy and the coach ended practice early and said they couldn't play the game at the end that they were going to play. Jack was SO UPSET. He couldn't stop crying all the way home or when he was getting ready for bed at night and we were actually pretty surprised he cared so much because he is definitely not the most passionate basketball player! haha Turns out, he thought that the coach canceled basketball for forever and that it was over! He was so relieved to find out that he still got to go to his games and practices!

I told David that I was going to clean out the fridge then said, "Aren't I the best, David?!" He quickly replied, "No, Dad's the best!... but I still love you."

When Spencer was bathing the kids Jack said, "Dad, are you going to marry someone else when mom dies?"

No comments:

Post a Comment